Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 All-Star Game to be Played at Yankee Stadium

MLB ERA
    Yeah, they're not knocking down the whole stadium, just the upper levels.

The field will be there, and they're going to have this little walkway and such.

Not ruining the greatest field ever built.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    uuummmm... that is not what I heard. I mean, I don't live in NYC, but I heard they were tearing it down cause it is in downtown Manhattan, and they need the space for parking?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    ha ha. I will give you the match, heck I will light it for you as well then you can burn it.

Liriano I am not worried about. We new about the injury along time ago. Twins doctors choked again on the injury. But thats all good. We still have the best sp in the game in Santana.
    and zero playoff series wins to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    IMO, I don't how much some one loves or hates a particular team. It is just a crying shame to see historical landmarks be torn down. Ask Celtics/Bruins fans how they feel now that the Garden is gone. Boston has not propered much in the Fleet Center. If you love baseball or sports, these landmarks should at the very least remain open as a muesum/tourist attraction for the enthusists (sp). The TRUE sport/baseball fan would and can appreciate history, even if it is the arch rival or the team you can't stand or your beloved team! Again, let me repeat, I am NOT a Yankee fan! I just apprecaite what that place means to baseball and even history itself!
    I agree w/ you, obviously I jate the Sox but I don't ver want to see Fenway torn down.

This current Yankee Stadium has alot of tradition but it's mostly recent, the real Stadium Bae, Dimaggio, Mantle and the rest played in was torn down but the new one was built on the same site and i wish they were doin the same thing. I will miss this Stadium alot b/c I saw my first game there w/ my Dad but it would ahve been a little easier knowing at least we were looking out at the same Field but that's gone. I don believe they are keeping most of the current Stadium intact for a museum.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    that would be cool, I hope they do. I think they would make enough money to stay afloat with just the baseball traditionalists visiting it.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I generally do not watch all-star games. This one is a "must see."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    lmao...just noticed his ERA is -725
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12