Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FELIX FACES DL STRETCH & SURGERY ON KNEE

MLB ERA

FELIX FACES DL STRETCH & SURGERY ON KNEE

May 11, 2005 -- Reliever Felix Rodriguez was placed on the DL last night and is headed for left knee surgery after injuring himself getting out of a shower or hot tub.
    "Two days ago," Rodriguez said when asked how long the hinge has been bothering him.

The Yankees will decide today when the surgery to repair a torn medial meniscus will be done. GM Brian Cashman estimated Rodriguez will be out two to four weeks.

Losing Rodriguez leaves the Yankees with 11 pitchers, the desired number by Cashman and manager Joe Torre. Utility infielder Russ Johnson was summoned from Columbus (Triple-A) to take Rodriguez' spot.

Acquired from Philadelphia for outfielder Kenny Lofton, Rodriguez' first five weeks have been rocky. He hasn't pitched since May 4 against Tampa Bay, when he worked two-thirds of an inning and gave up a hit and plunked a batter.

In 11 games Rodriguez is 0-0 with a 5.40 ERA and has given up 13 hits and seven walks in 112/3 innings.

Last week the Cubs were holding discussions about acquiring Rodriguez to bolster their bullpen.

Ruben Sierra took batting practice in the indoor cages yesterday in Tampa. The plan is for him to rejoin the Yankees on Monday in Seattle if he doesn't have a setback. Sierra is on the DL with a right biceps problem and right rib-cage trouble.

Bernie Williams tested his hyper-extended right elbow with a game of catch Monday and was encouraged enough to turn it up a notch yesterday.

"I am going to extend it more," Williams said before going 1-for-4 as the DH. "But I have to be careful not to have a setback. I threw [Monday] and lifted after the game and it felt good."

Williams hasn't played center since May 2 and wasn't used as DH in the previous three games until replacing Jason Giambi last night.

Randy Johnson said his left groin, which wasn't stretched early in Monday night's 4-3 win over the Mariners, was "fine" yesterday. He is slated to face the A's in Oakland on Sunday. That means his next start would be May 20 against the Mets and Pedro Martinez at Shea Stadium.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/23897.htm
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Felix Rodriguez sucks. It is good to see Ruben coming back though.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    Felix being a non WIN METHOD player will not hurt the YANKEES with his absence.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Win method people make me laugh

You know if the Yankees or WHEN THE YANKEES win the World eries this year...the win method will be on qvc along with the Yankees World Champion hats, shirts and other stuff.

joek will also get a ring. It is in his contract. Unless ARod gets the World Series MVP.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I don't get a ring, but I get alot of $$$$$.

reefer, WIN METHOD people make me $$$$$$. Why, because they win.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How exactly do you get money?

ERA
    Call NASA
    By check.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    wow that explains nothing. thanks

AAA ERA
    Win Method is as real as Sant Claus,

ERA
    Call NASA
    If you wish and dream it to be. I accept many people have difficulty with fact and reality.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Fact and reality? hahahahaha Do you somehow claim to work for the Yankee?

ERA
    Call NASA
    I work for Mr.S., who is the YANKEES.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    exactly what do you do? i am curious. the way you are being vague tells me you don't.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I interview prospective candidates to discover if they met the WIN METHOD requirements. I submit my findings to Mr.S., and he does the rest in what ever way he deems necessary.

I don't think I have ever been vague. I state what I believe and why. The WIN METHOD has been enormously successful, and no team in baseball has come close to the YANKEE successes for the past decade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast