Thread: Bobby Murcer Has A Brain Tumor

AAA ERA

Yankees Bobby Murcer Has A Brain Tumor

Very sad news in Yankee land today, former Yankee player and current broadcaster bobby Murcer has been diagnosed w/ a Brain Tumor and is having surgery to remove it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-407218c.html

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    damn... good luck bob.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That's great news, Murcer is a terrific guy and you hate to see something like this happen to anyone regardless. Hopefully he'll be back for the broadcasts next year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The tumor that was removed from Yankees broadcaster Bobby Murcer's brain during surgery last month was found to be malignant.
    Awful news. Murcer, who spent 17 years in the majors before retiring in 1983, is scheduled to travel back to Houston this week to consult with doctors. "I'm not having to battle this alone, but am fortified with the most loving family, an abundance of wonderful friends and fans and the very best class of physicians," Murcer said in a statement. "I'm gaining confidence that with God and my faith leading the way, we will as a team put up an incredible fight. Please continue to send up prayers. That's all I can really ask of you at this time."
    Awful news for a great guy.

AAA ERA
    Yeah it doesn't sound good, having lost my dad to cancer I know what he's in for and I hope he goes relatively quickly rather than dragging it out and having him suffer any more than he has to.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Again, sorry for the late posting here. My prayers and thoughts for the Mercer family. My grandmother died from a brain tumor. Man, when those things strike is NOT good, as we all know! I hope he does well!!! God Bless Bobby's and his family!

MLB ERA
    That's terrific to hear. You never want to hear something like this happening to anyone and especially not a great guy like Murcer. I hope to see him back in the broadcast booth next year.

AAA ERA
    I'll be shocked if he's in the booth, w/ Cancer treatment one day you can feel great then it can turn quickly. He is far from out of the danger zone. I hope he's going to be ok but he has a long way to go.

MLB ERA
    Official statement from the Yankees website:

Bobby Murcer's MRI-taken last week at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center-was clear of any tumor growth.

He has qualified for a very promising clinical trial and will undergo his first vaccine shot today, again at the MD Anderson Cancer Center. Mr. Murcer is feeling "terrific" and is excited to take part in this procedure. These vaccine shots will be administered once a month for the foreseeable future.

Mr. Murcer and his wife Kay will again make a stop in Dallas, Texas, in the next few days to visit their grandchildren on their way home to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Bobby continues to be overwhelmed by the constant outpouring of love and support being given from family, friends and fans across the country.
    Absolutely terrific news. I hope to see Bobby back in the booth this year, as long as he's up to it.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well that is AWESOME news. Good for Bobby!!! I hope he continues to feel terrific and getting better. Cancer and tumors are not a good thing, and I just love to hear about good stories. Speaking as a person whose wife had breast cancer and is living to tell about it, I can somewhat imagine what Bobby and his family is going through on a daily basis!! Just awesome news, keep us posted browntown!!

AAA ERA

Re: Bobby Murcer Has A Brain Tumor

I can't believe I forgot to mention it but Murcer was back in the both on tues Night. hughes injury was a big deal though I thnk Bobby coming back is a bigger deal. I have never been a fan of his announcing but it was great to hear to him.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Bobby Murcer Has A Brain Tumor

great to hear the good news about Bobby!!! AWESOME!!!

God Bless him and his family!