Thread: Give me the information....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Give me the information....

Yankee fans please updaye me on the rumor of Randy Johnson rumor? WHat is this all about, and what are the rumors, if any? Please inform me, Inquiring minds would like to know the update on that situation.

AAA ERA
    The only thing I have read was a story the other day where the Yanks were denying it(so I assume it must be true). According to the rumor Randy has requestd a trade to go back closer to his AZ home.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12172006...eorge_king.htm

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ah, thanks for the info.! I would be curious to see where he ends up, if he doesn't stay with the Yankees!

AAA ERA
    I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Yankee next year, the only way I see the Yanks dealing him is if a team took on most or all of his salary and I can't see any team doing that.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree with that!!! That is the problem these athletes have to understand, you want these big contracts, you should have to play it out unless the team trades you on thier own. These trade demands that players always want when they are tired of being in one place is getting old. Everyone always think they can handle the pressure in NY, but as we have seen in other players in the past, they flat out can't and then are miserable. Not everyone can be like the Babe, DiMaggio, and Jeter. It takes a special player I guess!!!

AAA ERA
    I don't think it's about Randy handling the pressure of NY, I always think that's a littlre overrated. Randy has handled playoff and WS pressure and I think if you can do that you will be fine in NY. I just think he's old and not half the pitcher he once was, he's been good for us but I think even at his age people expected great.

this story is getting bigger as it's now becoming a Nat'l story, we'll see if ssomething can get done.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    good point about his age, but he was getting old when he came to NY. They knew that, they gambled. IMO. The Yankees gambled and that was one that was not a huge success, especially for the amount of $$$$ his contract was worth.

AAA ERA
    I agree, he was great in '04 and they gambled he could have another year like that but we didn't give up much w/ dionar Navarro & Javy Vasquez.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    true, good point!

MLB ERA
    I agree with you both on RJ on how his numbers are on a decline because of his age, I also believe switching leagues has something to do with it aswell, because in the AL you got a DH, 1 extra hitter, 3-4 extra ABs a game, unlike when you were in the NL you have a pitcher to deal with IMO.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    good point, I didn't even think of that. It may be the reason for a higher E.RA, Giantsfan83. And usually the pitcher is an automatic out. Unless the are hitting against the Brewers. Another topic, for another time, hahaha. At least that is the assumption made in baseball.