Thread: Welcome Home Andy!

AAA ERA

Yankees Welcome Home Andy!

Welcome back to his baseball home, where he never should left and thanks to Houston he is returning.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

hopefully we'll see the scene below again:

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

nice pickup and thank you for getting him out of Houston so the Brewers don't have to face him as often! hahaha. Hope he does well for you guys, except against the Brewers that is!

MLB ERA
    Good luck getting a WS. Here are some rough numbers to think about.
    From 2002-06, the Yankees have led baseball in payroll. They spent roughly $894 million dollars on those five teams. They won exactly zero championships.

During that same span, only one team spent more than $100 million dollars in yearly salary, and that was the 2004 Red Sox. In fact, the Cardinals (2006), White Sox (2005), Red Sox (2004), Marlins (2003), Angels (2002) and Diamondbacks (2001) spent roughly $498 million combined, and each of the six won one title.
    So is it really good to have a high payroll?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

I think he is getting paid way too much.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX

Here is a rough number for you, the Braves haven't won a postseason series since 1999 and in that year the Yanks swept them in the WS. Soon yuo'll be wishing you could lose in the NLDS b/c it's going to be a long time before you see the postseason again.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    From 2002-06, the Yankees have led baseball in payroll. They spent roughly $894 million dollars on those five teams. They won exactly zero championships.
    During that same span, only one team spent more than $100 million dollars in yearly salary, and that was the 2004 Red Sox. In fact, the Cardinals (2006), White Sox (2005), Red Sox (2004), Marlins (2003), Angels (2002) and Diamondbacks (2001) spent roughly $498 million combined, and each of the six won one title.

Hehe I love that statement

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO Petitte is worth the money he got more than all the other pitchers, with the exception of maybe Schmidt, like Meche, Lilly, and now Marquis. Petitte is a big game pitcher with a proven track record. I wish he was in Milwaukee. Plus, he is a lefty, always a bonus.

I'll take it. We should've just signed Pettite and let Mussina go throw his 100 pitch 5 inning games elsewhere.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    $55 plate of macaroni and cheese? what the hell

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I was a little surprised that the Yankees signed Mussina for the amount they did. I think age is starting to set in with the Moose. I agree that Petitte is worth the money.

AAA ERA
    Mussina is still a quality starter, he's the same guy he's always been. he's never been a true 1 or 2 but he's had to be one for us the last few years but now he can be a 3 or 4 depending upon how Randy comes through- I'd count on a 3 and he'll be more effective in that role.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Mussina is still a quality starter, he's the same guy he's always been. he's never been a true 1 or 2
    He had been a true No. 1 for Baltimore and one of the top 10 pitchers of his time. He may have taken a backseat to Clemens, Pettitte, and Johnson in New York but he still can be a 1 or 2 for any other team.