Thread: Jeter Robbed of MVP

AAA ERA

Yankees Jeter Robbed of MVP

Morneau is a great player but I would rate him the 3rd Most valuable on his own team behind Santana and Mauer. Jeter held an injury ravaged team together and led the Yanks to another AL East crown. This was obviously another Yankee bias vote as one writer voted Jeter 6th! and another tweaked us by giving ARod a vote. The writers ot it wrong last year and they did so again this year. It seems only our hired guns can get the major awards. Pettitte should have won the CY in '96 but lost to Pat Hentgen, Mariano should have won the CY in '05 and Jeter should have won the MVP this year but we get Clemens in '01(who didn't deserve it) and ARod last year(who didn't deserve it). Oh well.

Rookie ERA
    I would have preferred Big Hurt over Morneau... Morneau wasn't even the most valuable player on the twins.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

AAA ERA
    I agree, I am not trying to take anything away from Morneau b/c he is a big time player but I wouldn't even say he was the 2nd Most valuable on the Twins. I would put him behind Santana and Mauer.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO, and this is just my opinion, but I still feel that Jeter doesn't care about the personal awards, all he cares about is winning. And I think is has done his share of that in the past and probably more to come inthe future. Jeter is one of the few Yankees that I like and would love to have on my team. In fact Jeter is one of my favorite players in the game today and possibly on my all-time list of favorite players. I like every aspect that Jeter stands for, player, captain, winner, loyal, respected, just seems to be a stand-up, quality of a citizen and human. If I had the talent to play that is all I would care about, WINNING! Personal awards are nice, but winning is THE BEST!!!!

AAA ERA
    I think deep down he wanted it but he'd rather have a Championship but w/ Championships getting farther and farther in his rear view mirror recognition like this MVP would have been nice.