Thread: This week in review with RLA58 May 7th

This week in review with RLA68 May 7th

I am bit late with my weekly post but better late than never. We got off to good start for the new week.

I wish I had good news in reviewing last week, but we ended up with a 2-5 record and 12-19 overall going into Sunday(today).

Recaps
    Who is Hot this ast week
    Sheffield 10-28 2 Hrs
    Tino Martinez 5-15 3 Hrs

Who is Warm for the week
    ARod 7-26 1 Hr
    Womack 7-23
    Bernie 4-17

Who is Cold for the week
    Jeter 5-29
    Matsui 4-25
    Giambi 0-5
    Cano 2-17
    Phillips 1-16

Sunday
    We lost to Toronto 8-6. Pavano put in a 5 IP 6 run effort. We got to Lilly but pavano was not sharp and out pen allowed a couple runs to seal it.

Monday
    We won 6-2 against Tampa Bay. It was thought that we may turn it around with this series. Moose pitched 7 Innings and allowed just 2 runs.

Tuesday
    We lost to Tampa Bay 11-4. Another horrible outing for Brown 5 IP 8 Runs. We really need to do something if this continues. He can not stay in the rotation all year.

Wednesday
    We lost 11-8 to Tampa Bay. This assured a split which was disappointing to say the least. Unit was scrapched and Henn filled in with 2.1 innings and 6 runs 5 earned. Quantrill added 3 runs in just 2.1 innings as well. If the pen wouldn't fell apart we may have been able to smack our way back into it.

Thursday
    We lost 6-2 to Tampa Bay. This the first series that under Pinella they have ever taken from us. Another rookie pitched, Wang went 6 innings and allowed 5 runs.

Friday
    The skid continued. We lost to Oakland 6-3 in extra innings. Pavano pitched 7 innings allowing 3 runs and Rivera pitched 2 innings allowing 3 run only 1 earned. Rivera with the loss is 2-2 on the year.

Saturday
    We won 5-0 over Oakland. Moose with a complete game gem 4 hits and 0 runs. Moose had 2 good outings this week.

5/3/2005 Designated pitcher Steve Karsay for assignment; recalled infielder Robinson Cano from Columbus of the International League (AAA).

Outlook:

This week we have 3 games a piece versus the A's and Mariners. I am hoping to get a win streak going. I predict 6-0. The Mariners worry me with their hitting but the Yankees should start play with purpose and a sense of urgency. They can't afford to let themselves get 10 game behind. They have too much talent.

Comments and Questions?