Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 ALDS: Yankees vs. Tigers

AAA ERA

Yankees 2006 ALDS: Yankees vs. Tigers

It's another october and the Yanks are back where they belong, I believe this is the best yankee team since 1999 and it's our best chance for #27 in a few years. Detroit is struggling and we dominated them in the reg season w/ their only 2 wins coming against us when mariano wasn't available to close. That doesn't guarantee victory but I'll be shocked if we can't take care of the Tigers in at most 4.

Here is the schedule for the series:

Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
    Gm 1 DET @ NYY Tue Oct. 3 8 pm FOX
    Gm 2 DET @ NYY Wed Oct. 4 8 pm ESPN
    Gm 3 NYY @ DET Fri Oct. 6 8 pm ESPN
    Gm 4* NYY @ DET Sat Oct. 7 TBD
    Gm 5* DET @ NYY Sun Oct. 8 TBD
    * - if necessary

The pitching matchups for the first 2 games are:

Robertson vs. Wang
    Verlander vs. Mussina

Johnson is supposed to go in game 3 but the official matchup ahsn't been released yet.

MLB ERA
    We're taking Game 1 easy. Game 2 should be a battle, if Mussina can hold the Tigers to less than 4 over 7 we should take the W.

I'm betting on a Game 3 loss, than a Game 4 win.

Get your brooms out....

I don't see anyway that we don't win game 1. Lets take it one at a time.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    I don't want to get too cocky but i expect a sweep here. the way we handled them, the way we have been playing and the way they have ben playing adds up to a sweep but of course anything can happen.

AAA ERA
    Torre announced his lineup for Tomorrow Night:

Damon CF
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    Sheffield 1B
    Giambi DH
    A-Rod 3B
    Matsui LF
    Posada C
    Cano 2B

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Robertson vs Wang huh? Rematch of the August 30 game at Yankee Stadium
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260830210

MLB ERA
    I was there.

MLB ERA
    Should be an interesting matchup of 2 good teams. I think the Yankees will make it through this series in 4 games.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Yankees take game one. Highlight of the game was Jeter going 5-5 with 2 singles, 2 doubles and a HR to center field. Then Mo Money came in to close the game like he does.

1-0 YANKS

AAA ERA
    It was a game the Yanks had in control pretty mcuh the entire night. Wang ran into trouble in the 2nd and 3rd but got out of it, I think det had 1st and 2nd and 0 out each inning but Wang danced out of trouble and we got it going in the bot of the 3rd where the top of the lineup just bashed Nate Robertson for 5 runs and a 5-0 lead. Det climbed back to make it 5-3 in the 5th but 2 more runs in the 6th pretty much put it away, Jeter capped his 5 for 5 night w/ a HR in the 8th to make the final 8-4.

my only concerns were Matsui looked a little shaky in the field(I hope he doesn't come back to hurt us when we have a much better defensive player in cabrera on the bench) and I thought Joe took out Wang too quick. he only had thrown about 91 pitches and had 2 out and no one on in the 7th when he pulled him and immediately Myers gave up a HR to make it 7-4 and then proctor came in and got into trouble but got out of it. Farnsworth was ok in the 8th and Mariano had a quick 9th.

click the link for the box:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=261003110

Chien Ming Wang pitched average. But like we said give me 6-7 innings and only 3-4 runs allowed and we should win every game. Good job Wang. Our bullpen is atrocious. Proctor is a deer in the headlights, Farnsworth is god awful, and Mike Myers makes me throw up in my mouth everytime I look at him. Thank God for Mariano.

Our offense is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccckkkk. That 5 run inning was fun to watch. Abreu broke the ice with that big gapper, Giambi with the rainmaker and Sheff came through. How great was it to see Sheff & Giambi come up big right off the rip with the injury questions ?
    Matsui is atrocious in left. He is slow after balls when chasing them down in the gap, allowing runners to move an extra base, played a single into a double and just looks plain scary out there.

Oh, by the way, that Derek Jeter guy is pretty good too…….LOL
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    game 2 postponed until this afternoon at 1PM.

AAA ERA
    No score after 1 as mr. clutch strikes out w/ the bases loaded. detroit just scored, 1-0 Tigers w/ runner on 1st top of the 2nd.

AAA ERA
    The series is tied as the yanks blew a big opportunity today and allowed detroit back in the series. we had verlander on the ropes all day but only had 1 clutch hit and that was damon's 3 run HR to give us a 3-1 lead. Typical big game Moose and poor D by matsui cost us the GW run and our vaunted lineup chokes once again led by Mr/ Clucht Alex rodrigues who after today's 0-4 is 4 for 35(.114) w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the '04 ALCS(10 games).

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    The series is tied as the yanks blew a big opportunity today and allowed detroit back in the series. we had verlander on the ropes all day but only had 1 clutch hit and that was damon's 3 run HR to give us a 3-1 lead. Typical big game Moose and poor D by matsui cost us the GW run and our vaunted lineup chokes once again led by Mr/ Clucht Alex rodrigues who after today's 0-4 is 4 for 35(.114) w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the '04 ALCS(10 games).
    Yup, Iron Mike Mussina & Ass-Rod crushed us. As much as i detest Mussina, if we have a starter going 6+ and giving up 3 or 4 we should win the game and this is a case in point. Also, not to be forgotten, Cano hasn't done shit yet either. He killed us in big situations in game 2 also. These guys have taken advantage of his lack of discipline at the plate (ala Soriano) so far.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast