Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 ALDS: Yankees vs. Tigers

AAA ERA
    we know we we are going to get from Moose so as frustraying as he was I expected it. I agree the lineup was very disappoiting, we had det on the ropes in alot of innings but couldn't get big hits. the bats had better come out smokin tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    we know we we are going to get from Moose so as frustraying as he was I expected it. I agree the lineup was very disappoiting, we had det on the ropes in alot of innings but couldn't get big hits. the bats had better come out smokin tonight.
    We will show up tonight. The big key is going to be if we can come out in the top of the first and push a few runs across. That would be huge.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Damon is out tonight which isn't good.

AAA ERA
    I am so sick of this team, it's an absolutel humiliation to be playing the way we are. We can't score a run off KENNY ROGERS? the same man that gave up1 1 earned runs in 7 Ip for us in '96? the same man that gave up 9 ER in 12 IP for the Mets in '99? This is a disgrace. I am so sick of out vaunted lineup coming up small in the playoffs, we need PITCHING!!!! AROd Gone, Shef Gone, Matsui Gone, Giambi Gone- replace those overpaid players w/ some quality SP and middle relief. We have Wang and Philip Huges coming up, we should have a great 1-2 punch but get us more than the choker Mussina or 90 yr old Randy johnson.

After we blow this series and are disgraced worse than ever(yes this is worse than 2004 and it's worse than the late 80s-early 90s or the late 60s early 70s) we need MAJOR changes, enough w/ going after bats that don't perform in october, I don't care what #s they put up in the reg season, we need pressure performers and we don't have them now.

I wish Sheff and matsui never came back from injury(I know Matsui has hit but he is terrible in LF), we were far better w/ Melky in LF and we' be better Wilson/Phillips playing 1B and Giambi DHing.

our season comes down to the 5-6 inning man jaret Wright. he's pitched well but in oir biggest game of the year he's going for us? I'm sick of baseball, I'm tired of investing in an entire season only to see them choke in october.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well as everyone know I hate the Yankees. Now that I said that here is what i see. How can you have a team with a payroll over 200 million and CAN"T WIN? You have the best hitting lineup in baseball and did nothing! Arod your stuck with! No team in baseball will be stupid enough to take the salary on. Arod cant hit! Playoffs come around and he chokes.

I know my Twins blew in the playoffs but we had injuries. Liriano and Santana will be the best starting pitching duo in baseball in 2007.

Back to the Yankees

There an older team time to go with the youngsters.

Get 2 top starting pitchers.

Stay away from Hunter! I do see Polad and his checkbook to far shoved up his ass, so Hunter will be a Yankee.

What will happen to your coaches? They all should go. Steinbrenner will not be happy Torre will be the first to go is my guess.

nyjunk:
    looking forward to your response. This in no way is bashing your Yankees like I would do in the past.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA
    All I can say is I am sick of this team, they are a complete embarrassment. I am not trying to take anything away from Detroit, they played great but to watch us go down in flames again w/ no clutch hitting w/ one of the supposed "best lineups in history" is sickening. I am just sick of this tam, I donn't even want to think about next year except for the guys I want off the team and that starts w/ ARod and continues w/ Sheff, matsui, Giambi, Randy Johnson and Mussina and as much as I love Torre it's time for a change. I am absolutely embarrassed by this latest loss and something needs to be done other than just going out and buying the best FAs. we have a core of chokers and the clubhouse needs to be cleansed of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    All I can say is I am sick of this team, they are a complete embarrassment. I am not trying to take anything away from Detroit, they played great but to watch us go down in flames again w/ no clutch hitting w/ one of the supposed "best lineups in history" is sickening. I am just sick of this tam, I donn't even want to think about next year except for the guys I want off the team and that starts w/ ARod and continues w/ Sheff, matsui, Giambi, Randy Johnson and Mussina and as much as I love Torre it's time for a change. I am absolutely embarrassed by this latest loss and something needs to be done other than just going out and buying the best FAs. we have a core of chokers and the clubhouse needs to be cleansed of them.
    Oh man. Torre is coming back. This will be great media for Ny to grab onto next year. You can really thank Iron Mike Mussina for blowing that game 2 lead. That was all the Tigers needed to gain confidence and it carried them the next 2 games.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Moose pitched like he always does, I blame the bats who had verlander on the ropes all day but couldn't get any clutch hits outside of Damon's HR.

I thought a change might be good but I have no problem w/ Joe coming back. As long as we get rid of a few guys who are overpaid but useless in october I'll be ok.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Letterman - Top Ten New York Yankees Excuses

10. Wanted Columbus Day off to get to all the sales
    9. Thought series was best 6 out of 11
    8. We've already missed the first three episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" -- enough is enough
    7. Thought Joe Torre told us to give 10 percent
    6. Players distracted by erotic text messages from Mark Foley
    5. Shouldn't have switched to the cheaper generic steroids
    4. Clubhouse caterer replaced E. coli-tainted spinach with E. coli-tainted lettuce
    3. Uh, global warming?
    2. More focused on how they're going to get by on a lousy $16 million a year
    1. What's the point? North Korea's gonna nuke us at any moment

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW DK! Good find man. This is hilarious. Isn't Letterman a Yankee fan though anyway? I used to love his Top 10 lists. This is simply a great one though. Possibly one of his Top 10 Top 10 lists?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ...why in the name of God is this still stickied?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12