Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown showing why he should retire immediately...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes showcase. Why else bring up these guys? They want to throw these guys in some kind of a trade and quick. That is the only reason these guys are up here. Womack in left is helping? please

1. If they could deal Brown they would have. He is damaged goods after last year. No one will take him, even if we pay his contract. Anyone hear the Dodgers laughing at us? I do.

2. I never said Womack was an ideal move but Williams and Giambi are struggling to bat .200 let alone Posada and Tino Martinez. Womack is at least batting .270. I can see to a point concerning the showcase of possible trade material...but forget it. We need to win now. No one is stupid enough to give the Yankees anything useful to help them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Everyone knows they can't trade Brown. They are gonna have to eat it. And you are making my point. They need to win now and they needed a trade ten days ago. That's why these guys are here. Womack in left is helping no one especially Womack. If he is hitting .270, keep his ass at second. Where the **** is Bubba Crosby? He is a hell of alot better in left than Womack. Hell put Rey Sanchez in left if you are gonna do that. Veterans is what is gonna get it done, not inexperienced and mediocre talent. Back to Back rookie pitchers is to showcase the little talent they have in the minors.

Bubba Crosby would make more sense if they were showcasing talent. Bubba can't hit. Bernie and Jason are not hitting. Womack in LF was not a defensive move but an offensive option. Cano is at 2B to see if he can do more than the guys we know can't do it...Bernie and Bubba.

Maybe they are showcasing but I think it is much more desperate right now. One trade will not turn this team around. They need a spark and that is what is up with all of the moves, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12