http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2052710

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- New York Yankees left-hander Randy Johnson is unhappy about being scratched from his scheduled start Wednesday because of left groin tightness.

The Yankees decided Monday to have Johnson skip his turn in the rotation after being hurt in the ninth inning of his previous start last Friday against Toronto. His spot will be filled by rookie Sean Henn, who will be called up from Double-A Trenton.

"It feels fine," Johnson said before Tuesday night's game against Tampa Bay. "I could have pitched tomorrow."

When asked if he was disappointed about missing his start, Johnson said: "Obviously."

Yankees pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre has no doubt Johnson will make his next turn, Monday against Seattle.

"It's a one start deal," Stottlemyre said. "If it's September, we'd look at it differently. I wouldn't want anybody to be happy about it. I think he understands we have his well being in mind. It makes me feel good about next time."

Johnson is scheduled to throw Wednesday.

"Safety first," New York manager Joe Torre said. "We need him for the long haul."

Johnson is 2-2 with a 3.74 ERA in six starts this season.