Thread: The Yankees playoff chances

The Yankees playoff chances

Is it just me or does anyone else think the yankees have a pretty solid shot at making the playoffs. I mean this team is looking more like a 1990's yankees team due to injuries. No longer do we have a bunch of all stars playing for themselves but rather a bunch of decent to good players putting their heart out their on the field day in and day out. Heart wins games not the stats one puts up.

MLB ERA
    I agree 100% Bwitty. The team of dedication and solid play will always out do the All-Stars. Just look at USA Basketball.

Very good point there dry. I think this could be the year that they get another ring. Not their strongest team but certainly one with a lot of heart in them.

MLB ERA
    Yeah. ANd the insertion of Sheffield and Matsui, with fresh legs no less, back into a September lineup, will help them in the postseason push, and also in the World Series.

yea most definitely...will they be back?

What's up with the lack of yankees fans on this forum?

MLB ERA
    I don't know. It's not good. I have some friends who are Yanks fans but they don't have the patience to be on forums. And then I have some assinine ones I don't even want to try and recruit.

They're due back in mid-late September.

A 60% chance sounds good to me.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    We have ben injury ravaged and our just 1 back in the L column from Bos and 3 back in the L column from Chi. If we can get another bat I think our chances are excellent but even if we don't make any moves we still have a ood shot. Hopefully we can get somewhat healthy and hopefully Dotel can be a help and we'll be back in the postseason w/ a chance to win.

Rookie ERA
    I have a feeling the Yanks will be just fine. They seem to do what's needed and I don't ever count them out.

That said, they will gain ground on either us or the Chisox when we play each other. I'm counting on us making the playoffs (as some others don't) but if we do, I don't want any part of the AL East in the playoffs.

MLB ERA
    I would love to see the Yankees not make the playoffs, but the fact is they have been in the playoffs, I think, every year since the strike shortened '94 season. I think they made it in '95 but I'm not 100% sure. I'm pulling for the Redsox to win the division, and I think they have a legit shot, but I would not be surprised at all if the Yankees won. They still have a ton of old guys and have been ravaged by injuries, but I think they still have enough to pull it off.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    They lost to the Mariners in a 5 games series in '95.

The Red Sox pitching is suspect. Their starters are either old or unproven, and even though they have a few great postseason pitchers (Schilling/Beckett) both have been inconsistent this year. And until they get to the playoffs, no one knows how Lester and Papelbon will react. Hell, we don't even know if they can handle a full season.

MLB ERA
    Outside of Mussina and Wang, I don't think the Yankee rotation is in that much better shape either. I would say Mussina = Schilling and Wang = Wakefield based on current stats.

The Unit has an ERA over 5 and finally had his first decent month in June but has a 6.10 ERA already in July. Wright has done decent but then there is Chacon or Ponson, both of whom are absolutely horrible.

Really neither of their rotations are very good, but both have very good offenses so it should make for a very interesting stretch run.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Wright is chucking right now, as he has been all season, since he got back. Plus he's proven in the postseason. And as much as you can hate on Randy, he still wins almost every time out. Wang and Mussina have been better then their counterparts on the BoSox. The biggest problem is the #5 starter, and you know we're in trouble because we are looking to Sidney Ponson to bring innings and consistency...