Thread: Yanks vs. White Sox 7/14-16

AAA ERA

White Sox Yanks vs. White Sox 7/14-16

The 2nd half begins tonight for the Yanks as they host the World Champion Chicago White Sox. Though the yanks didn't play last night they picked up a game in the L column as Bos loss so they enter tonigth's game just 2 back in the L column.

this series is importnat not only in trying to catch Boston but in trying to catch the Cent teams for the WC. The yanks are 5 in the L column behind CHi and 7 behind Det who they beat 3 of 4 times this year.

The pitching matchups for the series are:

Contreras vs. Johnson Tonight
    Buehrle vs. Mussina Tomorrow
    Gracia vs. Wright Sunday

AAA ERA
    Yanks win, both Sox lose and we are 1 back in the div inthe L column and 4 back in the WC. Click the link for the box:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260714110

Yankees take another one today from the Sox of White. Not much of a game here tho as the score was 14-3...solid performance from andy phillips hitting a home run and driving in 4.

AAA ERA
    It was nice not see the lineup rely on the HR, we are now just 3 back in the L column of Chi and 1 back of Boston. Obviously we want the division but everyone's been talking like the WC is guaranteed to come out of the Cent and the yanks and Sox are right there w/ Chi and have beaten Chi 4 of the last 5 games. Click the link for the box:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260715110

I was on vacation this weekend. I did get a chance to watch the game Sunday. I am ecstatic right now that we swept the White Sox. Its all coming together boys !
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    I was on vacation this weekend. I did get a chance to watch the game Sunday. I am ecstatic right now that we swept the White Sox. Its all coming together boys !
    You missed a great 2 games. What a great weekend for the Yanks and Cano should be back soon and Dotel should be up soon. ARod and randy have started the 2nd half off well, what a double play in the 1st inning of yesterday's game that ARod started. Our top 4 starters have been as solid as can be and if we can get something from Ponson look out. Click the link for yesterday's box:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_y...?gid=260716110