Thread: Yanks at Indians 7/3-7/6

AAA ERA

Indians Yanks at Indians 7/3-7/6

AL play returned last night in disappointing fashion. Wang was given an early 2-0 lead but after a strong strat he imploded giving up 5 runs in a 5-2 loss. Click the link for the boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260703105

The pitching matchups the rest of the series:

Chacon vs. Westbrook Tonight
    Mussina vs. Byrd Tomorrow
    Johnson vs. Lee Thursday

AAA ERA
    Hopefully most folks were celebrating the 4th and not watching the 19-1 loss to Cle. We seem to have one of these a year and it always seems to be to cle. Click the link for the box:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260704105

I can't stomach the play of this team much longer. The bottom of the order is atrocious and our starting pitching sucks donkey balls. We should consider ourselves lucky that while we have been busy looking like jackasses Tampa Bay has managed to knock off Boston 2 straight so we are only 4 behind.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    I can't stomach the play of this team much longer. The bottom of the order is atrocious and our starting pitching sucks donkey balls. We should consider ourselves lucky that while we have been busy looking like jackasses Tampa Bay has managed to knock off Boston 2 straight so we are only 4 behind.
    What can we do? Give away the farm to get more bats? we are kind of stuck w/ all the injuries and we added 1 more w/ Damon last night though he's only expected to miss a few days. At least we bounced back w/ a big win last night, hopefully we can scratch out another today and even the series.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    What can we do? Give away the farm to get more bats? we are kind of stuck w/ all the injuries and we added 1 more w/ Damon last night though he's only expected to miss a few days. At least we bounced back w/ a big win last night, hopefully we can scratch out another today and even the series.
    I really don't want to give away Hughes, Wang or Cano to get anyone. Maybe John Smoltz for a box of balls ? I am lost at this point..
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    I really don't want to give away Hughes, Wang or Cano to get anyone. Maybe John Smoltz for a box of balls ? I am lost at this point..
    That's why i think we are stuck. If we don't get healthy I think we will msis the playoffs but I'd rather miss this year and keep all our top prospects than give them away and still have a chance to miss the playoffs. the only way i give up a Hughes is for a young arm, I would include him in a deal for willis simply b/c Willis is young and a big time pitcher but other than that I hold onto him.

AAA ERA
    We got a split. What a job the Yanks did the last 2 nights after the the way the 1st 2 games went. randy pitched very well for almost 8 innings and a lineup featuring newly acquired Aaron Guiel, claimed off waivers from KC, scored 10 runs. Now it's on to TB, they helped us beating Bos 3 of 4 and now hopefully we can get 2 of 3 against them. Click the link for last night's boxscore:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260706105

Booyah ! I am thrilled with a split after the way the first 2 went. Considering we picked up a game on Boston with this series, i'll take it. Johnson pitched pretty good and was run out there one inning too long, but i think Torre was trying to save every ounce of bullpen knowing that Jaret Wright is throwing tonight against the Rays.

David Justice had me laughing when he said on the postgame that when Giambi comes to the plate he is already in scoring position. Giambi might drop 50 bombs this year. A-Rod is now on pace for about 130 RBI, and Jeter is a friggen' hit factory. He might get some consideration for MVP if he plays this well the second half of the year and finishes with a .330 average with 110RBI or so.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth