Thread: 4 Yankees Named to All-Star Team

AAA ERA

Yankees 4 Yankees Named to All-Star Team

The usual in Jeter(although he was snubbed last year), ARod and mariano plus Robinson Cano made his 1st ASG but may not be able to play b/c of injury. Mussina deserved it over guys like Buerhle, Zito and Redman but the last 2 were the lone reps from their teams.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...ter_league.jsp

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    The usual in Jeter(although he was snubbed last year), ARod and mariano plus Robinson Cano made his 1st ASG but may not be able to play b/c of injury. Mussina deserved it over guys like Buerhle, Zito and Redman but the last 2 were the lone reps from their teams.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...ter_league.jsp
    I'm a Red Sox fan but even I can agree with you on the Mussina part Even Curt Schilling doesn't get to be an all-sar with the year he is having. Ozzie is going with Buerhle because, well, obvious reasons. I bet Ozzie would put his entire White Sox team out there as the AL All-Stars if he could.

MLB ERA
    Only 4 Yankees?

What a surprise!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Only 4 Yankees?

What a surprise!
    That's what I thought. I thought the Yankees were going to dominate the all-star game. lol

Outside of a .325 BA, I didn't think Cano's numbers were really all-star worthy though. Damon and Giambi were more deserving statistically, but then again, I totally disagree with fan voting.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000