Thread: Yanks hawking Lee

Yanks hawking Lee

The Brewers have had scouts at the past three Trenton Thunder games...Trenton is the AA team for the Yankees. They will be scouting Philip Hughes on Friday night when the Thunder plays the Defenders (CT).

Personally if the Yankees trade Hughes, I think it's a mistake. Lee is a good bat, not a bad defender...but he's not head and shoulders above what they are playing with now. Hughes is going to be really good. I think that this is a classic example of Cashman bowing to pressure to "win now" versus building for the future...which is why they are in the position that they are in anyway.

I believe that the Yankees would benefit from more arms versus bats. If they move Hughes for a bat, it is a mistake.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Hughes is only projected to be a #2 or #3 starter, nothing really that special. He's overrated because he is all that the Yankees have in the terms of a good prospect, because they have nothing else thats above A ball. If they trade for anyone, it will be someone like Lee, who is a free agent at the end of the year. Steinbrenner is trying to lower salary, and with the OF set for next year, there is no point in trading for anyone who is not a rental.

This is perhaps the best post I've seen on Philip Hughes in a long time. (Meanig yhova).

Hughes has crazy potential, and while I think Lee is a fair price (well, so was Luis Vizcaiano and Podsednik...), the Yankees really don't need him. A pitcher of similar calier maybe.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Sorry Tom Tom, Hughes is touted as a future #1 for the Yankees, but a #2 or #3 within 2 years. If we trade this guy it'll be a huge mistake.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Sorry Tom Tom, Hughes is touted as a future #1 for the Yankees, but a #2 or #3 within 2 years. If we trade this guy it'll be a huge mistake.
    Its the only prospect you guys really have.

MLB ERA
    True, but he's only 19! Nine-****ing-teen! El caballo would be nice, but never at that price.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Its the only prospect you guys really have.
    Well, the only one of significance above A ball. I'd say Jose Tabata has a chance to be great.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

AAA ERA
    We had better not trade Hughes for Lee. That would be a HUGE mistake, lee will hit some HRs but that's all he does. How can we trade a possible top of the rotation guy for that?