Thread: Yanks at Detroit 5/29-6/1

AAA ERA

Tigers Yanks at Detroit 5/29-6/1

A great start to a 4 game trip at the the team w/ the best record in baseball. In the same game we had a great start from randy and a clutch hit from Alex. if we can get more of that we'll be in great shape.

The link below is the boxscore from ysterday's 4-0 shutout:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore...?gid=260529106

Pitching matchups the rest of the series:

Small vs. Colon tonight
    Mussina vs. Robertson Tomorrow
    Wang vs. Verlander on Thursday.

Randy was great yesterday and Villone even had a 1-2-3 inning. I think this was our best played game of the season so far.

I like our chances of sweeping if Small pulls out a W tonight.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    If the Yanks split these next two they get out of a tough month at 17-11. I'll take that in a month where they play 7 games against Boston (plus a rain out), 3 at the first place Mets, 3 at the first place Tigers, 6 against the first place Rangers. The Yanks played .607 ball against opponents that were at .508 including 4 division leaders.

I understand some Yankee-fans' rage at a loss to a last place team, but all things considered especially the injury situation, they Yankees are in great shape for June where they play only 10 games on the road and their opponents are playing .474 ball, while the Red Sox opponents are playing at a .544 clip.

The Yanks are poised to make a run, and I don't think 48 wins is out of the question on July 1st.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    melky cabrera is the greatest leadoff man in the history of the game

MLB ERA
    I loved yesterday with Randy. But there's nothing cooler than seeing Small get himself out of trouble. MO comes in and shuts the door for the Win. Now, if only Bubba was playing...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    melky cabrera is the greatest leadoff man in the history of the game
    yes he is....LOL
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    I understand some Yankee-fans' rage at a loss to a last place team,
    Why are you so infatuated w/ me? It was a TERRIBLE loss, not a season crushing loss just a TERRIBLE night. Why is it so hard to understand? I understand you accept losing which is why you love ARod so much, his failures don't bother you b/c he puts up "great #s" but what does that mean if we don't win?

Just move on from this nonsense, stop worrying about me and just discuss the team.

Anyway, they avoided disaster by blowing another big lead but luckily they came back to pull it out. Mariano was great and appears to have his early season struggles behind him- now if we can just get to him w/ leads we'll be ok.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Why are you so infatuated w/ me? It was a TERRIBLE loss, not a season crushing loss just a TERRIBLE night. Why is it so hard to understand? I understand you accept losing which is why you love ARod so much, his failures don't bother you b/c he puts up "great #s" but what does that mean if we don't win?
    I think it's funny how you respond to a quote of mine where the first two words are "I understand" by asking the question, "Why is it so hard to understand?" You're nuts, man.

Why are you so conceited to think that was directed at you? My dad is a Yankee fan; My roommates are Yankee fans; My boss is a Yankee fan; Dry1313 is a Yankee fan. Do you think you are the only Yankee fan in the world? The post had nothing do to with you, and everything to do with the fact that the Yanks came out on top of a very tough month. You would know that had you read the entire post, and not let a knee-jerk reaction cloud your rationality (again).

Flame on!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Alex Rodriguez went 3-for-4 with two RBI in a 6-1 win over the Tigers on Wednesday.
    Rodriguez singled twice and tripled once while also adding a walk in the contest. He's on pace for 149 runs scored, 41 homers, 140 RBI, and 13 steals, so talk off a slow start from A-Rod isn't appropriate any longer.
    I cannot believe so many people give this guy shit!
    Good game tossed by the Moose and Yanks win a big series.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Good game tossed by the Moose and Yanks win a big series.
    watch him on an everyday basis and you'll know why. It's not about #s, #s are nice but when do you get those #s? I'll take 10 less Hrs and 20 less RBi if he concentrated more of them into big situations. He's been getting a little better of late but still has alot of room to go up. hopefully he continues to improve in those situations and we can put this talk to bed. This isn't Texas where he can play w/ no pressure and just put up #s, #s have to be meaningful here and in 2+ years he has been up and down in big spots(more down than up).

read the article at the link below from the other day:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-355938c.html

Great job by Mussina to get the CG and save our overused pen.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Its a perfect storm of Late 90s nostalgia, David Ortiz penis-envy, and an over-exuberant need to bewail constantly. And damn your eyes if you defend the guy!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    arod is improving in clutch situations. hes not a complete black hole anymore... infact i think gary sheffield is worse. actually i know sheffield is worse, this year at the very least. arod has moved up the list to 4th of guys on the team id want up with 2 outs and the tying run on 3rd... jeter, matsui, giambi, arod in that order.

infact, out of boredom... an extensive list of what our lineup is doing with runners in scoring position and 2 outs, because thats what decides if we win close games or not...

damon - .267, 1 hr, 7 rbis
    jeter - .375, 1 hr, 12 rbis
    sheffield - 1-18, .056, 1 rbi
    giambi - .278, 2 hrs, 11 rbis
    arod - .345, 3 hrs, 15 rbis
    matsui - .231, 5 rbis
    georgie - .391, 1 hr, 12 rbis
    bobby - .185, 1 hr, 6 rbis
    bernie - .385, 7 rbis
    melky - .333, 6 rbis

now, i understand that situations are important, and i still to this day give arod shit for being the best hitter in the league when its 10-1 in one direction or another, but arod is still doing his part with risp with 2 outs. only jeter and posada are in his hemisphere on the team, infact.

AAA ERA
    Rep for the research. Nice job! Go A-Rod!

AAA ERA
    I have this problem w/ a poster on another board. What HMark doesn't understand is ARod is a top talent in the game and he is judged to a higher standard. Yeah we should have ortiz envy b/c he's a great hitter and comes through in big spots, yeah we should have 90s nostalgia b/c we were a dynasty then and the goal is to get back to winning World Championships. B/c ARod is a top player in the game standards are much higher for him than normal players. It's like if you take 2 kids, 1 is a straight A student and never gets B's while the other is a C student who never gets B's. They both bring their report Card home to their parents and both get B's. Well the straight A student's parents will be upset b/c he set a high standard while the C student's parents will buy him a new car they are so thrilled.

Anyway, tough loss alst night. Now Mo is hurt, are the baseball Gods punishing us for being relatively halthy for so long? Mariano finally is looking like his normal self and he tweaks something and can't save the game last night then Farnsworth blows it. 3 out of 4 is nice but the way they lost the 4th leaves a bad taste.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I have this problem w/ a poster on another board. What HMark doesn't understand is ARod is a top talent in the game and he is judged to a higher standard. Yeah we should have ortiz envy b/c he's a great hitter and comes through in big spots, yeah we should have 90s nostalgia b/c we were a dynasty then and the goal is to get back to winning World Championships. B/c ARod is a top player in the game standards are much higher for him than normal players. It's like if you take 2 kids, 1 is a straight A student and never gets B's while the other is a C student who never gets B's. They both bring their report Card home to their parents and both get B's. Well the straight A student's parents will be upset b/c he set a high standard while the C student's parents will buy him a new car they are so thrilled.
    Funniest poster on the board. REp all the way!