Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yanks vs. Boston 5/22

Yanks vs. Boston 5/22

I feel like that groundskeeper in the movie "Major League". We suck again.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    ARod comes through w/ a 2 run HR in the 9th!!!!!!! of course it was typical ARod as we were down 9-1.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    ARod comes through w/ a 2 run HR in the 9th!!!!!!! of course it was typical ARod as we were down 9-1.
    Captain Clutch ! LOL !
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Just think: If Wang didn't give up 7 runs, that might have tied the game!

Its all about starting pitching, son.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Just think: If Wang didn't give up 7 runs, that might have tied the game!

Its all about starting pitching, son.
    Last night wasn't ARod's fault but it was typical ARod, can't come through in the numerous big situations he's been in the last week or so but as soon as the pressure's off he hits a "big" HR.

AAA ERA
    Last night wasn't ARod's fault but it was typical ARod, can't come through in the numerous big situations he's been in the last week or so but as soon as the pressure's off he hits a "big" HR.
    Who cares? Tell me why this team is really struggling. If I want this A-Rod crap over and over again I'll read the Post. Come up with a fresh, original idea for once in your life.

This Yankees forum is just filled with whiners now.

Who cares? Tell me why this team is really struggling. If I want this A-Rod crap over and over again I'll read the Post. Come up with a fresh, original idea for once in your life.

I know i am not the one arguing that starting pitching or pitching in general produces championships. I just get a little pissed when that starting pitching or relief pitching does its job and a choke artist repeatedly gets up batting out of the 3rd or 4th slot and is making 252 million and can't put the bat on the ball half of the time.

Maybe we should just bat A-Rod in the 8 hole so he doesn't have as much "pressure" on him...poor baby.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Oh, and i didn't even mention how atrocious he's been in the field this season.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Well, A-Rod was the reason the Yanks won last night. Are you going to give credit where and when it's due?

AAA ERA

It's struggling mostly b/c we can't get clutch hits and ARod is most responsible for that.

Well, A-Rod was the reason the Yanks won last night. Are you going to give credit where and when it's due?
    HE DID HIS JOB! That's what he's supposed to do, hopefully he can continue to do that but something tells me if it was 4-1 Sox or even a 4-4 game he wouldn't have hit that HR. I applaud him for doing what he was supposed to do but that wasn't clutch.

AAA ERA
    I applaud him for doing what he was supposed to do but that wasn't clutch.
    Who said it was? The fact that you're immediately on the defense shows me that there is no conviction in your words.

AAA ERA
    Who said it was? The fact that you're immediately on the defense shows me that there is no conviction in your words.
    I am ready for the ARod homers to all of a suddne validtae his time as a Yankee b/c of that hit last night as if he does it all the time.

AAA ERA
    I love how his time as a Yankee has to be validated at all. You Yankee fans always make it seem like there's some canonization process a player must endure before he "becomes a Yankee". At least, your not getting carried away with this A-Rod thing.

AAA ERA
    I love how his time as a Yankee has to be validated at all. You Yankee fans always make it seem like there's some canonization process a player must endure before he "becomes a Yankee". At least, your not getting carried away with this A-Rod thing.
    it's crazy for me to expect our supposed best player toa ctually come through for us in a clutch spot once in a while. I didn't say the "true yankee" nonsense I just think he needs to step in big spots for us and that's all I want. So far he has been a huge disappointment as a Yankee. I couldn't care less about MVPs, I want an MVP to act like one when the game is on the line instead of what we have mostly gotten from him in2+ years.

YOu are the one who is carried away w/ defending him when he has no defense. if you are happy w/ a great fantasy player that's your problem, I want to WIN- I don't care about individual #s. How many MVP's did a Yankee win during the dynasty years? NONE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast