Thread: Enough of the Cairo at 1st base experiment

Enough of the Cairo at 1st base experiment

Why the hell is he even over there ? Honestly, i know Jason cannot play out there everyday, but Cairo is a liablility over there. The play where he dropped the ball trying to tag out the baserunner at 1st is about the 4th time i have seen him do that this year. He is not a big enough target to begin with to be a first baseman. Ok, you can blame Jeter for making that throw up the line abit, but thats a routine play that has to made by Cairo.

Is Pena ready yet ?
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    Why the hell is he even over there ? Honestly, i know Jason cannot play out there everyday, but Cairo is a liablility over there. The play where he dropped the ball trying to tag out the baserunner at 1st is about the 4th time i have seen him do that this year. He is not a big enough target to begin with to be a first baseman. Ok, you can blame Jeter for making that throw up the line abit, but thats a routine play that has to made by Cairo.

Is Pena ready yet ?
    I have to assume you're joking with this post. That play was anything but routine. If Jeter holds on to the ball, then the Yanks get out of the inning tied at 3.

I know it must sound like blasphemy to rip on Saint Jeter.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova

Is Pena ready yet ?
    routine play? hardly. it was a bad throw by jeter that was well off the bag. a gold glove 1b might have gotten that, but there arent too many of those around.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

No, i am not joking. How many first baseman do you know that look like the keebler elf and have a 2 foot wingspan ? The guy is a second baseman. He has no business being put at first base.

Giambi is one of the least athletic first baseman around and i see him make that play consistently.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Cairo is 6'1" and even if he was 7'1" that throw would have pulled him off of the bag. Sorry, the Jolly Green Giant wasn't available this offseason. And no, you don't see Giambi make that play consistantly, because Jeter consistantly makes good throws. He tried to pull a rabbit out of his hat with this one and threw the ball away. No fault of Cairo's.

Hmmmm, what a surprise. Phillips at 1st last night. Joe obviously agrees with me. Nice game winning double play turned by Andy. It's amazing what a guy who actually plays the position can do...
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    No, you're wrong. Imagine Andy Phillips trying to make that catch up the line when he can't even catch some regular throws. And Giambi would've tried to pick that, rather than jump, because he's a dumbass. Cairo does just fine at 1st.

What I find sad is this:

Andy Philips made the team as a backup 1Bman. All of a sudden, when the season started, Joe Torre decided that Cairo can play 1st. It took him THIS long to realize that he has an ACTUAL 1Bman on the roster.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic