Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yanks vs. Boston 5/9-11

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Who ever said "he tries too hard?" I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy left that has A-Rod's back. Even President Bush thinks the media is giving him a hard time.

Pretty clutch go-ahead homer in the 5th last night off Schilling. Every time you start whining, Alex knocks in a game winner. Speaking of clutch, Scott Proctor shutting Manny down in the 7th, and throwing a dominant 8th.
    yeah he gets those clutch walks and HBP's He did a great job last night and that's what he needs to do more.

"he tries too hard" is always the excuse the Yankees give when he struggles(sucks) in the clutch.

Proctor has been great, let's hope he can keep it up.

AAA ERA
    Wearing a pitch to get a run to the plate is more admirable than your whining about it. Walking in run also demonstrates that Alex took a patient approach in the correct situation. Alex is a hell of a lot smarter than you'll give him credit for. He hit a bomb last night off of a guy that has owned him for his entire career. As great as that homer was, it was Mike Mussina that had more to do with the Yanks win last night than Alex. Its all about the arms, my friend, not Alex Rodriguez. Now for the love of Grace, give Alex a break for a few games.

Manny Ramirez, who I think is the best right-handed batter I've ever laid eyes on, was completely off balance against Proctor. He totally had him guessing. I'm so impressed with Proctor this year. I'm giving him and also Pitching Coach, Ron Guidry, a high-five for his performance so far.

AAA ERA
    Walking in run also demonstrates that Alex took a patient approach in the correct situation.
    That should have been a strike and how nany times this year alone has alex gone down looking?

As great as that homer was, it was Mike Mussina that had more to do with the Yanks win last night than Alex. Its all about the arms, my friend, not Alex Rodriguez
    Sure, I never debated that but Alex's key hit sure helped. If he doesn't get i then we are still tied and Jorge doesn't havea chance that inning to make it 6-3 and takes a little pressure off Mussina.

Now for the love of Grace, give Alex a break for a few games.
    he'll get a break as long as he continues to earn it, if he all of a sudden goes into another funk and fails in the lucth the next 5 times I will keep talking about it. He needs to earn my praise. Keep producing in the clutch and I'll say nothing but nice things.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    That should have been a strike and how nany times this year alone has alex gone down looking?
    Now which one of us is making excuses?
    he'll get a break as long as he continues to earn it, if he all of a sudden goes into another funk and fails in the lucth the next 5 times I will keep talking about it. He needs to earn my praise. Keep producing in the clutch and I'll say nothing but nice things.
    My fault. I forgot, Yankees aren't allowed to slump. I apologize.

Gee, you must be a baseball God for a career .307 hitter not to have your respect yet. What year did you go into the Hall of Fame again?

AAA ERA
    Now which one of us is making excuses?

My fault. I forgot, Yankees aren't allowed to slump. I apologize.

Gee, you must be a baseball God for a career .307 hitter not to have your respect yet. What year did you go into the Hall of Fame again?
    .307 means NOTHING to me, let's see him do something when we need him to in October. The man had ZERO RBI in a 5 game series, was horrible in the field and on the basepaths. he killed us the entire series, I don't care he destroys the royals or hits HR's when we are up 5 runs.

He's allowed to slump but when that slump goes on for 3 years in 90% of the clutch spots an alarm begins to sound.

AAA ERA
    What 5 game series are you talking about? What does that have to do with last night's game? Anytime you start to lose ground on this A-Rod discussion, you appeal to things he's done (or hasn't done) in the past regardless of whether or not it actually applies to the conversation we're having.

I'm going to just let you live in your little self-loathing fairy tale land, where every problem with the Yankees can be attributed to A-Rod. Leave it to a Yank-me fan to be upset with anything about a team that has won 12 of the last 16. Cheer up, son, we're in first place!

MLB ERA
    ****ing Bubba. He so should start. Well, now that Matsui and Sheff are out.

MLB ERA
    Bubba again. He's raping Wakefield. I really would love to see what he would do if he started. His Speed and Defense would make up for his .265 AVG.

YES, a Stolen Base.

AAA ERA
    Not to mention that catch at the wall!

I think Joe Torre out-managed himself tonight...

AAA ERA
    What 5 game series are you talking about? What does that have to do with last night's game? Anytime you start to lose ground on this A-Rod discussion, you appeal to things he's done (or hasn't done) in the past regardless of whether or not it actually applies to the conversation we're having.
    lsoe ground? all the facts favor my argument and YOU are the one who brought up his emanignless lifetime BA, why do I care he can hit against abd teams? I only care if he comes through in big reg season games and in october. before ARod got here we didn't have many big reg season games but now we do and he fails just as he has failed in october for us.

I'm going to just let you live in your little self-loathing fairy tale land, where every problem with the Yankees can be attributed to A-Rod.
    I haevn't attributed every problem to ARod but he has been a big problem since he got here in big spots. YOU are the one who brings him up every day as if a HBP or a Ball 4 makes up for all the playoff failures and failures in big reg season spots. ARod can do no wrong in your eyes, I guess you weren't around during the dynasty years b/c we didn't have players like him playing for us and alas we won 4 titles.

AAA ERA
    lsoe ground? all the facts favor my argument and YOU are the one who brought up his emanignless lifetime BA, why do I care he can hit against abd teams? I only care if he comes through in big reg season games and in october. before ARod got here we didn't have many big reg season games but now we do and he fails just as he has failed in october for us.

I haevn't attributed every problem to ARod but he has been a big problem since he got here in big spots. YOU are the one who brings him up every day as if a HBP or a Ball 4 makes up for all the playoff failures and failures in big reg season spots. ARod can do no wrong in your eyes, I guess you weren't around during the dynasty years b/c we didn't have players like him playing for us and alas we won 4 titles.
    A-Rod second in the league with 11 go-ahead RBIs. Mr. Clutch is getting another MVP season underway. Go A-Rod!

AAA ERA
    A-Rod second in the league with 11 go-ahead RBIs. Mr. Clutch is getting another MVP season underway. Go A-Rod!
    Stop w/ the meaningless #s, go ahead RBi can come in any inning. is ti clutch to hit a 1st inning HR? Come on, come back to Earth. When you get some real material come back to me.

AAA ERA
    Like I need a bitter, self-loathing Yank-Me fan's approval. If you weren't so uptight about Alex, you might start to enjoy baseball.

Every stat is meaningless to you. Why, then, does MLB bother to keep track? Sounds errily familiar to another self-loathing Yank-Me fan....Actually he at least made it seem like he enjoyed watching baseball.

AAA ERA
    Like I need a bitter, self-loathing Yank-Me fan's approval. If you weren't so uptight about Alex, you might start to enjoy baseball.

Every stat is meaningless to you. Why, then, does MLB bother to keep track? Sounds errily familiar to another self-loathing Yank-Me fan....Actually he at least made it seem like he enjoyed watching baseball.
    I enjoy baseball, I don't enjoy watching our supposed best player choke in 90% of clutch situations.

Are you serious? So you think it's just as big to get an RBI in the 1st inning to break a tie as it is in the 7th-9th? Come on, stop twisting silly #s. Go look up what he did in meaningful spots against Boston in the '04 ALCS and what he did in the '05 LDS then get back to me.

AAA ERA
    Go look up what he did in meaningful spots against Boston in the '04 ALCS and what he did in the '05 LDS then get back to me.
    nyjunc logic:

Alex has struggled in the playoffs in the past, ergo he is responsible for every loss in 2006.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast