Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devil Rays @ Yankees 4/25 - 4/27 Thread

AAA ERA

Rays Devil Rays @ Yankees 4/25 - 4/27 Thread

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (8-11)
    New York Yankees (9-8)

Yanks are 8-0 in day games, and 1-8 at night. Here come 3 night games against the nefarious, Devil Rays.

I hate when we play Tampa. Their speed always puts us on our heels and exposes our D.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Pitching matchups:

Mussin vs. Kazmir
    Wang vs. McClung
    Chacon vs. Hendrickson

hopefully we can keep getting quality starts and we should be able to take 2 of 3.

Let's hope Kazmir blew his load in his last outing vs. Boston.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Why can't Kazmir dominate the Yanks like he does the Sawx? WHY!!!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I'll tell ya what. Hideki Matsui is the worst defensive left fielder ever. Maybe we can make a move for Soriano and use him for defensive puposes late in the game. I think he is actually better in the outfield then Matsui.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    I'll tell ya what. Hideki Matsui is the worst defensive left fielder ever. Maybe we can make a move for Soriano and use him for defensive puposes late in the game. I think he is actually better in the outfield then Matsui.
    Relax. He's servicable.

He's not in the line up for his defense.

AAA ERA
    Matsui was good his 1st yr defensively but it seems ever sine he misplayed that ball in game 6 of the '03 ALCS he has been a bad defensive LF. He is basically a joke out there but at least damon can cover more ground than bernie was able to the past few years so it can hide him a little bit. When a fly ball is hit to any player I always assume the out but to Hideki i hold my breath.

Anyway, Mussina has ben great- this is quite possibly the best I have seen him look in a Yankee uniform. The SP is coming around led by moose and Jeter is off to his best start in years thnaks to having a true leadoff man in front of him dropping him back to the 2 hole. That's 3 in a row- let's keep it going!

AAA ERA
    Really annoying loss last night. What a wasted start from Wang.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Really annoying loss last night. What a wasted start from Wang.
    it was typical ARod costing us again.

AAA ERA
    A-Rod? I don't recall Jeter driving in any runs, Hideki Matsui left the entire organization on base, Bernie's can't pinch hit to save his life, Bubba and Robby Cano ran the bases like little leaguers, the entire team couldn't cash in on 47 walks TB pitching handed out, and Mariano threw away an A+ effort from Wang and Farnsworth. And whatever happend to tipping your cap to the other team for bearing down and getting clutch outs?

Why does it always come back to Alex?

AAA ERA
    A-Rod? I don't recall Jeter driving in any runs, Hideki Matsui left the entire organization on base, Bernie's can't pinch hit to save his life, Bubba and Robby Cano ran the bases like little leaguers, the entire team couldn't cash in on 47 walks TB pitching handed out, and Mariano threw away an A+ effort from Wang and Farnsworth. And whatever happend to tipping your cap to the other team for bearing down and getting clutch outs?

Why does it always come back to Alex?
    Why? b/c while other players such as Jeter, Matsui, etc... come through from time to time ARod always seems to choke in big spots. He'll hit that "big" 3 run HR when the Yanks are up 6 runs but where is he in a close game like last night? He is supposedly a top 2-3 player in the game but top players come through in big spots which ARod rarely does.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Why? b/c while other players such as Jeter, Matsui, etc... come through from time to time ARod always seems to choke in big spots. He'll hit that "big" 3 run HR when the Yanks are up 6 runs but where is he in a close game like last night? He is supposedly a top 2-3 player in the game but top players come through in big spots which ARod rarely does.
    How does this apply to last night's game? Let me get this straight: Since you assume that everyone except A-Rod "comes through from time-to-time" they are all let off the hook and are immune from any blame for last night's loss? And A-Rod, not having this immunity, must accept all responsability for last night's loss?

You're being irrational. You blame Alex rather than, heaven forbid, giving the other team any credit, or blaming any other Yankees not wearing #13.

AAA ERA
    How does this apply to last night's game? Let me get this straight: Since you assume that everyone except A-Rod "comes through from time-to-time" they are all let off the hook and are immune from any blame for last night's loss? And A-Rod, not having this immunity, must accept all responsability for last night's loss?

You're being irrational. You blame Alex rather than, heaven forbid, giving the other team any credit, or blaming any other Yankees not wearing #13.
    alex is SUPPOSED to be our best player so he's held to a higher standard. he winds up putting up the best #s but he is far from our best player. Give me players who have lesser #s who come through in clutch spots more often any day over a guy who puts up meaningless fantasy #s.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    alex is SUPPOSED to be our best player so he's held to a higher standard. he winds up putting up the best #s but he is far from our best player. Give me players who have lesser #s who come through in clutch spots more often any day over a guy who puts up meaningless fantasy #s.
    Okay, you're right. The Yankees are going to lose between 60 and 80 games this year. So let's go ahead and blame Alex for every one of those loses now, just to get it out of our system. Now having said that, lets discuss who was the second most responsible player for each loss.

Good win tonight. We got the clutch knock we needed last night, and from a guy who really needs to get going. Good for Matsui. A-Rod's team leading 19th run scored didn't reeeeeally count since the Yanks were already up 2-1 when he scored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast