Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets Daily Notes

Brian Bannister limited the Nationals to one run and three hits in seven innings to pick up his first major league victory on Tuesday.
    He had a shutout going until Alfonso Soriano homered in the seventh. If Bannister got to face Washington every time out, a sub-3.00 ERA would be a possibility. Things will get a little more difficult against the Brewers this weekend, but since he has the Padres in Petco after that, he should remain useful in NL-only leagues
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Congrats to Bannister on his first MLB win.

Pedro Martinez picked up his second win of the season by holding the Nationals to just one run in seven innings of work on Wednesday.
    Jose Guillen, who Martinez beaned twice in a game last week, grounded into a double play with the bases loaded and one out in the sixth inning to end the Nationals' rally. Other than in the sixth, the only batter to reach base off Martinez was Jose Vidro when he belted a solo homer in the fourth inning. Although he only struck out three, Martinez's command was back tonight as he walked just one. He's rounding into regular season form quite nicely.

Carlos Delgado went 3-for-5 and had one of four Mets home runs off Livan Hernandez in a 13-4 win over the Nationals on Thursday.
    Delgado's two-run homer came in the third. Carlos Beltran, David Wright and Cliff Floyd all took Hernandez deep in the first. Delgado is hitting .394 with three homers in 33 at-bats

Anderson Hernandez received a strong vote of confidence from manager Willie Randolph following Thursday's game.
    Hernandez appears to have a strong grip on second even when Kaz Matsui returns. "That's what it's all about," Randolph said. "You don't want to mess up that rhythm. I'm not just going to throw Matsui in there when he gets back. If we're playing well, and [Hernandez] is doing certain things, then he's going to play. That could be all year as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to fool around with a situation that's working."

Mets got killed by the Brewers today which ended their winning streak. Nonetheless, Mets are still going to be great this season. It's just nice to see that Brewers are continuing their great season by beating a good Mets team.

Great? Hardly.

But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Great? Hardly.

But we'll see.
    You don't think they'll have a great season with the team they have?

You're crazy.

They always make waves in FA, and always collapse.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Fair game.

Just a correction, they pretty much had 4 big transactions this offseason. 3 were trades (Lo Duca, Delgado, and Julio) and 1 FA signing Wagner.

So it wasn't making waves in the FA, it was making waves just in general, the offseason.

Just me making a point.

So they got a washed up catcher with a huge salary, a good first baseman with injury problems, and a set up man who's less consistent than LaTroy Hawkins.

Sorry if I ain't sold.

Lo Duca isn't doing too badly as of lately. If Delgado can keep healthy, he'll be great for the Mets.

All of these players should be graded on what their going to do this year. A change of scenery is always good for players. This year looks bright for them. Minus all the injuries and money aspects, these players were upgrades over what the Mets had.

Plus, it looks like they're not doing too bad as of now. I definitely see them keeping it up.

Don't buy into it, I don't expect you to, you're a Braves fan.

Carlos Beltran (hamstring) may sit out Monday's game to give his tight hamstring more time to heal.
    "I don't feel 100 percent," Beltran said before Sunday's game. "When I got hurt last year, I tried to play through it and it didn't help me. I want to make sure I can play at 100 percent." This could be an injury that lingers so keep an eye on him the next couple days to see how the Mets decide to use him.

So did anybody else enjoy the game last night where the MEts beat the Braves. I know. I know. It's just April. But I thought it was great.

Congrats to Pedro on his 200th win.

Mets designated RHP Yasaku Iriki for assignment.
    Although he's making $750,000, perhaps some team will take a chance on Iriki, who has allowed three runs in 10 2/3 innings for Norfolk. The move created a 40-man roster spot for Pedro Feliciano

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast