Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mets Daily Notes

MLB ERA

Re: Mets Daily Notes

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKelly18 View Post
    I hate this 5 game winning streak and the trade deadline being in 24 hours. ='[
    Let's be happy.....Beltran and Reyes could be back in 2-3 weeks. The team is getting hot. And we're looking less and less dead...

Rookie ERA

Were only 5.5 games out of the wildcard. I'm actually rooting for the Phillies because they are playing the Giants. Give me some kind of motivation though Minaya that won't screw us over. Not a big deal, but a good one.

MLB ERA

Were only 5.5 games out of the wildcard. I'm actually rooting for the Phillies because they are playing the Giants. Give me some kind of motivation though Minaya that won't screw us over. Not a big deal, but a good one.
    I mean, we're in contention for the wild card. The division is almost impossible, but to be fair, there's a lot of season left...

I don't think Minaya makes any big moves, but if he can add a decent player (Jon Garland or something) in an area we need help, we'd be in great shape. Getting Reyes and Beltran(if they come back) back would be a bigger move than any team could possibly make...

Rookie ERA

Even if Reyes and Beltran are back in 2-3 weeks we can't be more then 3 games back IMO to get into the playoffs. If we can get somebody like Jon Garland and a decent power bat then I would be so happy because I actually think we would continue to close the gap before we get healthy. I know its asking for a lot, but after what they've done to us the past two seasons and how bad we have been this year we deserve it.

MLB ERA

Even if Reyes and Beltran are back in 2-3 weeks we can't be more then 3 games back IMO to get into the playoffs. If we can get somebody like Jon Garland and a decent power bat then I would be so happy because I actually think we would continue to close the gap before we get healthy. I know its asking for a lot, but after what they've done to us the past two seasons and how bad we have been this year we deserve it.
    I disagree. We have soooo many games left against the Phillies, Braves, Marlins, and other teams ahead of us in the Wild Card. If we're 5 games out, and Reyes and Beltran are back in 2.5 weeks, there'll still be 40 something games left....PLENTY of time(as we've proven)

Rookie ERA

Sure, but wouldn't it be reassuring if we brought somebody in to help us win those games?

MLB ERA

Sure, but wouldn't it be reassuring if we brought somebody in to help us win those games?
    It'd be great. Personally, I'm holding out hope on the pipedream of the Rays getting V-Mart, us taking Crawford and Kazmir(the Rays wanna dump salary), and us sending 3-4 prospects(and the Rays sending 1 prospect) to the Indians.....It'd work well for the Mets....

Rookie ERA

Are you just saying that or is that a legit rumor?

MLB ERA

Are you just saying that or is that a legit rumor?
    It's a combination of rumors. The Rays HAVE been said to want V-Mart. The Rays HAVE been said to need to dump Kazmir and Crawford or Pena in order to have the money for V-Mart. The Indians HAVE been speaking to the Mets. The Mets DID speak to the Rays about Kazmir(and maybe others, not sure?).

So, it's kinda combining a bunch of rumors, but it at least has SOME basis in reality...

Rookie ERA

But what would the Indians get?

MLB ERA

But what would the Indians get?
    A bunch of prospects, similar to what they got for Lee. Say the Mets send Parnell, Ruben Tejada, Niese OR Murphy, and a mid level prospect, and the Rays throw in one of their prospects.

I'm not sure it would get the job done....but I'd look into this kind of deal if I were Minaya...

MLB ERA

Wright now holds fifth place by himself on the franchise's all-time RBI list after an RBI double in the seventh. Wright has 539 career RBI. Ed Kranepool is fourth on the Met list with 614. Wright also tied Keith Hernandez for 10th place in career hits (939).

Rookie ERA

Keep Parnell, send Murphy instead of Niese. Throw somebody else in for Parnell, I like him a lot and don't want to give him up.

MLB ERA

Keep Parnell, send Murphy instead of Niese. Throw somebody else in for Parnell, I like him a lot and don't want to give him up.
    Problem is then you're stuck having to offer a top prospect.

I'd say you might be able to get away with Murphy, Ruben Tejada, Reese Havens, and you would probably have to give up either a Niese/Parnell, or maybe if you get lucky, just someone like Dillon Gee....

Rookie ERA

I would wanna keep Niese and Parnell in a perfect world, but then again in a perfect world I would just want this deal to happen at all.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast