Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets Daily Notes

Apparently, Omar loves the Braves. Heard it on the radio.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Apparently, Omar loves the Braves. Heard it on the radio.
    Probably because the Mets have destroyed the Braves this year.

Oliver Perez, who shut out the Braves on Wednesday, will get another start Tuesday against the Marlins.
    The Mets intend to keep going with a six-man rotation for now. Dave Williams, who pitched the first game of Wednesday's doubleheader, will start Monday. Tom Glavine will go Wednesday.

In the ninth inning of Sunday's blowout, Julio Franco played third base for the first time since Oct. 2, 1982.
    That has be some sort of record. Franco has been taking grounders at both second and third just in case he's needed. Before today, he hadn't played any position except first since starting 34 games at second for the Indians in 1997.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Franco actually played the 8th and 9th innings at 3B.

Julio Franco's 3B fielding statistics:
    2 total chances, 2 assists, 0 errors, 0 double plays, 1.000 fielding percentage

8th inning:
    With a runner at first, Jason Repko hit a grounder to Franco, who tried to start the 5-4-3 double play, but the Mets only got the fielder's choice at second. Then, next at-bat, Julio Lugo hit a grounder to Franco who got Repko at second base for the inning-ending forceout.

Nice stuff.

I <3 Julio.

Pedro Martinez (calf) will start Friday against the Pirates, but the Mets aren't planning on him throwing more than five innings.
    "We'll probably watch him real close and keep it as low as we can," manager Willie Randolph said. If Martinez,who hasn't pitched since Aug. 14 with a strained right calf, is healthy, Randolph said he'll start Game 1 of the Mets' first playoff series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Over/under for innings pitched by Pedro the rest of the regular season was set at 16.1 by ESPN radio last night.

Pedro Martinez revealed Friday that he actually suffered a tear in his right calf last month. He said he felt "80 percent" in his start against the Pirates tonight.
    Yet another injury downplayed by the Mets this year. Martinez missed a month with an injury that originally didn't concern Willie Randolph at all, and he still might have returned too soon. "I'm frustrated because I worked so hard to get back," he said. "I was about to snap and let it all out. It was an opportunity to show my teammates that I was back, that I'd be back. That's why I'm disappointed." Martinez is expected to make two more starts during the regular season.

MLB ERA
    I just hope that Pedro doesn't change his delivery and put more pressure on his shoulder. He's had a "touchy" shoulder for several years and could injure it if he isn't careful. That would be quite a blow to the Mets post-season run.

Carlos Beltran is expected to start every game for the remainder of the season.
    "I just need to play, man." Beltran said. "I need to go out and play and get my swing and see my pitches and all that." Beltran returned to the starting lineup for the first time in a week on Monday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    @ Beltran ending his sentences with "man"

That's hilarious, man

Hey, I do that a lot, man.

MLB ERA
    Carlos Delgado, who had surgery to repair a torn tendon in his left elbow on Oct. 30, said he's seen "significant improvement" in the past two weeks.
    The doctor told me everything seemed really good, and he gave me the go-ahead to start doing some strengthening exercises," Delgado said. "I'm not hitting until January. I usually don't anyway."
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Pedro Martinez has added about 10 pounds of muscle in his rehab from a torn rotator cuff.
    Getting stronger elsewhere may help make up for some the life his arm is likely to lose following surgery. "That's one of our strategies," he said. Martinez is aiming for a July or August return next season.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast