Thread: Bret Boone Retires

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bret Boone Retires

I'm so ****ing sad right now. Someone hold me.

Tears welled in Bret Boone's eyes, his lower lip quivering ever so slightly. Something inside had told him to go home.
    "Something I've loved my whole life has become a major, major job for me," Boone said.
    "At the end of the day, physically I think I could still do it," Boone said.
    "He did not disappoint us," Minaya said.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MLB ERA
    It's about time. As good a secondbaseman as he was, it was obvious by the last year or two that his skills were deteriorating. He definately did the right thing in retiring now and not trying to stick it out. Even though I think he stole a gold glove from Mike Young back in '03 (I think '03) and played for a division rival, I'll miss the guy.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Its about time. Now if we can get Aaron and whatever the other Boone's first name is (he was in the Reds organization in the minors), we can finally rid MLB of all Boones (even though Bob is a special consultant to JimBo).
    rf28

MLB ERA

Was Minaya High?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    "He did not disappoint us," Minaya said.
    He never played a game with the mets...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    looks like the Mets may still be looking for an upgrade at 2B:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/05/sp...ll&oref=slogin

The Mets intend to give Matsui every opportunity to win the job, but if he does not perform, General Manager Omar Minaya will have to re-evaluate. Mets officials have indicated that they believe Hernandez and Chris Woodward are capable of playing second base, with Keppinger a long shot.

Boston's Tony Graffanino, made expendable by the off-season acquisition of Mark Loretta, is also available, and Washington's Jose Vidro, who says he has recovered from knee problems, has long been a favorite of Minaya's.
    I also read they may be interested in Soriano, but probably wouldn't add him because of his $10 million salary.