Thread: Seo has good outing; sign of things to come?

Mets Seo has good outing; sign of things to come?

Jae Seo pitched 7 1/3 innings today and combined with three relievers on a shutout of the Brewers.
    Dae Sung Koo and Roberto Hernandez combined to get out of the eighth, and Braden Looper pitched the ninth for his 23rd save. This doesn't prove that Seo belonged in the rotation over Kaz Ishii all along, but that probably is the case. He's 3-1 with a 1.42 ERA in his four starts for the Mets this season. With Steve Trachsel likely to return soon, Seo might find himself pitching in middle relief despite his success
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, I hope they stick with Seo until he drops the success ladder. he is been very impressive lately. Those numbers are too good to ignore.

Sure, but that's in only 4 starts. Do you think he can be that successful over a prolonged period of time?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I don't think he can be that successful. But if he can go 4 games in that manner, he should be able to remain solid enough to give quality starts to this team. Four starts shows some form of consistency to me. It is hard to say that a player is just lucky after 4 starts. 1 or 2 starts could be said to be luck, but 4 just starts to show that he may have something to give.

I remember Seo was really good a few years back..he fell off last year, didn't he?

AA ERA
    Seo > Ishii. That's all that matters.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle