Thread: Mets Offseason Thread

Rookie ERA

Mets Mets Offseason Thread

Late to post this, but I'll start this thread with the most expensive (per year) signing Sandy Alderson has made in three years. Chris Young gets 1 year, $7.5 million. More money than I'd like to have given, but a decent gamble. And I'd always prefer to overpay in $ than in years.

Chris Young, Mets finalize $7.25 million deal

Rookie ERA

Re: Mets Offseason Thread

Mets non-tender MR Scott Atchison, SS Omar Quintanilla and UTIL Jordany Valdespin.

Atchison was a fine reliever, but isn't a necessary piece. They could still bring him back for less money, perhaps, but I'm not shaken up over him leaving.

Quintanilla was pretty awful. As one person earlier today said "The most fun part of having Q on the team was trying to figure out whether he was a worse fielder or hitter."

Valdespin...well, everyone saw this coming. The guy was a disaster. He was a getting-hit-in-the-d**k, no-plate-discipline-having, home-run-pimping, begging-not-to-pinch-hit, Marlins-hat-wearing, Instagram-selfie-taking, PED-using, Manager-c***s****r-calling, "I'm-the-man"-proclaiming piece of garbage.

Rookie ERA

Mets sign Curtis Granderson for 4/$60M. That's a decent contract in this environment. He'll play LF, I'm guessing, where his defense will be above average at least. He's got power, which HitTracker has shown will translate even to Citi Field. He's got a decent amount of speed. The Mets needed a lefty bat and some power. It's a pretty good signing, though I wish the fourth year would have been an option.

MLB ERA

Mets signing Colon for 2 yrs 20 mil total, I like the deal should be good deal for that park and division
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Rookie ERA

Mets Offseason Thread

Agreed, CJ. I would have preferred one year and an option, but in this market you're gonna have to give a little. In the NL, in a still pitcher friendly park and with a strong defensive OF of Grandg, Lagares, and Chris Young, he should be solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000