Thread: Mets get Carrasco

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mets get Carrasco

The Mets officially signed reliever D.J. Carrasco to a two-year, $2.5MM deal today.

The Diamondbacks non-tendered Carrasco last week and he had six to eight suitors recently. He posted a 3.68 ERA, 7.5 K/9, 3.9 BB/9, 0.57 HR/9, and 47.5% groundball rate in 78 1/3 innings this year.

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork, Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, and Ed Price of AOL FanHouse reported on the story. Terry Bross represents the right-hander.
    I like this signing for the Mets as he is a solid reliever and the money looks good as hell to be honest. There is always wonder if he can handle the NY fans and media but with Krod beating people up and other Mets news, he should go under the radar

MLB ERA

Re: Mets get Carrasco

Carrasco and Paulino signing for a combined 2-3 million dollars per year isn't too bad. I approve. I think Sandy is realizing he won't be able to find a cure all for 2011, and signing short term cheaper deals, and then using the 60 million coming off the books next year, is a much better plan.