Carlos Beltran- On 15 day DL with a severe bone bruise in his right knee. He could be back by the end of August, but at this point just rest him and keep him healthy would be my decision.

Alex Cora- On 15 day DL with torn ligaments in each thumb. Will undergo season ending surgeries very soon.

Carlos Delgado- On 60 day DL with hip impingement/bone spur (that was almost recovered) and an Oblique Strain. He won't resume baseball activity for at least a week or two...he'll try to rush back because he's a FA after this season.

John Maine- On 15 day DL with Shoulder Fatigue. No structural damage found. Could return sometime in September, but I'd keep him out to make sure he's 100% for next year.

Fernando Martinez- On 15 day DL with a torn meniscus. Had surgery over the All Star Break. Could return in mid-September

Ramon Martinez- On 60 day DL with Dislocated Pinky. Who cares?

Jon Niese- Out for season with Torn Right Hamstring. Hopefully ready for Spring Training. Scheduled for surgery soon.

Fernando Nieve- On 15 day DL with Torn Right Quad. May as well keep him out for the season, but I guess if he can return in September, we can give him a shot.

JJ Putz- On 60 day DL with Bone Spur(s) in Right Elbow. Rehabbing now. Might be able to return in September. Has an expensive option for next year, maybe we offer arby and hope to get comp picks.

Jose Reyes
- On 15 day DL with Torn Hamstring Tendon. Could potentially miss the season. I'd just keep him out until next year, because at less than 100% he'll just hurt it worse.

Billy Wagner
- On 60 day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery last August. Almost done with rehab, could be activated by the end of the week. Is a FA after this year, so he could be dealt, or offered arby for compensation?

David Wright-
On 15 day DL with Concussion. Slated for a series of tests this week, and could be anywhere from returning on September 1 to missing the Season. I'm tempted to let him sit the rest of the year and let him recover so we don't have another Ryan Church fiasco.

So, basically, I'm proposing that 3 of our top 4 hitters, and our #3 or 4 starter should all just sit out for the rest of the season. Great...