Thread: NEW! Series Thread Prediction Competition

MLB ERA

Mets NEW! Series Thread Prediction Competition

So, I've come up with this new plan to try to get more attention paid to the Mets forum here. One of the things that is present in most active team forums are series threads. Now, because a lot of the active forums have multiple fans on the forums, they get more comments, they create discussion, and they're fun. Here in the Mets forum, unfortunately, we only have 1 or 2 really active fans.

So, in order to get people to pay attention, I'm going to be creating a new "competition" in each series thread (starting with the first series AFTER the Colorado series). Then, depending on activity, either the winner of each thread, or the winner of the MOST threads by the end of the season may very well win a prize. No word on what the prize is, but I'll work on it.

Anyway, here's how it would work...

There would be a point system.

1) Any poster who correctly predicts the series outcome (number of wins/losses for the Mets) will receive 10 points.

2) I will try to post (at least) one Mets trivia question per series (may or may not be related to the opposing team). The first person to answer the question(or each question, if there is more than one) correctly will win 5 points. PLEASE, do not search the web for these....I'd rather you guys take an educated guess, I mean, the trivia won't be TOO hard, and the prize won't be anything out of this world....

3) After each series, I will re-read the thread, and I will award a number of points (from 0 to 10) based on the intelligence, interest, humor, etc that each person posted with. The more quality posts, the higher your score.

I will post the final scores for each series in that series thread, as well as keeping track in a seperate thread the scores for each series and the cumulative point totals. Please participate, because it will be enjoyable, and who knows, maybe you'll even win something!

MLB ERA

Re: NEW! Series Thread Prediction Competition

Sweet! Starting this weekend?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Re: NEW! Series Thread Prediction Competition

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Sweet! Starting this weekend?
    Yup! This will start for the series starting on Friday vs. the Diamondbacks.