Thread: Disgruntled Relievers Create Tension Within Organization?

MLB ERA

Mets Disgruntled Relievers Create Tension Within Organization?

WAGS STOKES RELIEVER'S FIRE - New York Post

Earlier this week, Wagner made a comment that actually didn't really seem to stand out as an insult to most Met fans I've spoken to...
    Wagner told The Post earlier this week that he thinks the Mets will limit him to being "a Brian Stokes-type player [who] might pitch once a week" when -- or if -- he returns from Tommy John surgery.
    Stokes responded yesterday, and I guess he took the quote as more of a shot at him than I [hope] Wagner intended.
    "He's nobody to me," an angry Stokes told The Post yesterday, his voice quivering as he spoke.

"In one ear and out the other," Stokes said before last night's 11-0 debacle against the Braves. "It's his opinion. I could not care less about it. I'm not going to try to start anything with him, but if that's how he feels about my role, that's fine. If that makes him sleep better at night, fine with me."

"I'm in uniform, right?" Stokes said. "I'm in the major leagues, right? Every time I go out there, I do the best I can to keep the team in the ballgame. I think every single person in here has a responsible role."

"I'm not surprised at all," Stokes said.

"I don't really know him, and we've never really talked, so I don't know why he would think to talk about me," Stokes said.
    Hopefully this gets sorted out, because the last thing a team going through a disappointing season with half their players on the DL is to have sides taken in the clubhouse, and have players not playing as a team...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Disgruntled Relievers Create Tension Within Organization?

Next thing you'll see, battle royale in the Met's bullpen, and the winner gets to ride the apple when the next home run is hit.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

If the apple even remembers to go up....

**** this team and this season are just complete embarrassments. It's honestly extremely difficult to watch them play anymore, they're that bad.

MLB ERA

I thought the Braves were bad but the Braves have great relationships within the clubhouse.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    I thought the Braves were bad but the Braves have great relationships within the clubhouse.
    The Braves don't have 10 guys (including 3 of their top hitters, their #3 starter, and their set up man) on the DL...