View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-5, how good will this game be?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1: TERRIBLE

0 0%
  • 2: Pretty boring

1 25.00%
  • 3: Decent game

1 25.00%
  • 4: Exciting

2 50.00%
  • 5: CLASSIC!

0 0%

Thread: 6/25/09: Johan Santana vs Chris Carpenter

MLB ERA

Mets 6/25/09: Johan Santana vs Chris Carpenter

With the Mets having won 2 of the last 3 from St. Louis, Johan and Carpenter take the mound today in the final matchup of these two teams this year.

Should be a very intriguing game, two excellent pitchers, two up and down offenses, and two of the best young players in the game (Pujols and Wright). So, what do you think. On a star rating from 1-5, how good will this game end up being?

Rookie ERA

Re: 6/25/09: Johan Santana vs Chris Carpenter

I was actually at the game. I hated Citi Field from what I've seen on t.v. and stuff because one we can't hit to begin with and two even when were healthy we won't be able to hit there but wow the stadium is horrible. Sure it is beautiful but when you]re walking around the place you never really do have a nice view. When you]re in the nosebleeds (which I was because its all I can afford) you couldn't even say part of the outfield. I actually really do hope we move the wall in.

As for the game, it was great.

MLB ERA

Well, that's the problem with the corners...it's difficult to see them no matter what...

But I dunno, I still like Citi Field. It's not quite Shea, but I think that just like Shea wasn't the best park, as we grow into it, it will become our new summer home.

Rookie ERA

I guess, I'm from South Jersey so I can't make it up that much but when I do I always enjoy myself. I'm only 15 and wouldn't feel that comfortable taking the train up by myself so I really only can go when my Dad isn't working and can afford it. I had a great time and enjoyed getting to see a lot of the park. Took my picture with the old apple from Shea and the Jackie Robinson Rotunda is beautiful. I actually watched 2-3 innings in the fan shop right there because it was so cold and refreshing in there, hah.