Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Mets News, Notes, and as always- Injuries Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: NY Mets "Walking Wounded" Injury Update Thread

Do you think they will stick with a SS by committee if Reyes is out for quite a long time, maybe even the rest of the season, or trade for a stopgap?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

As of today, it'll be Alex Cora, Ramon Martinez, and maybe some current minor leaguers. I don't think Mark DeRosa is the answer....

As of now, I don't think there are any SS available that are worth trading for.....but if someone like a Peralta or Jack Wilson become available for a reasonable price, I could see a trade being made.

MLB ERA

As of today, it'll be Alex Cora, Ramon Martinez, and maybe some current minor leaguers. I don't think Mark DeRosa is the answer....

As of now, I don't think there are any SS available that are worth trading for.....but if someone like a Peralta or Jack Wilson become available for a reasonable price, I could see a trade being made.

MLB ERA

According to WFAN, J.J. Putz will have surgery on his elbow, keeping him out of action for eight to 10 weeks.

…no one else is reporting this information, and the Mets have not issued any sort of official statement, but Omar Minaya is said to be addressing the media today around 4 pm…

MLB ERA

According to WFAN, J.J. Putz will have surgery on his elbow, keeping him out of action for eight to 10 weeks.

…no one else is reporting this information, and the Mets have not issued any sort of official statement, but Omar Minaya is said to be addressing the media today around 4 pm…

MLB ERA

“Jose Reyes is trying a new, alternative treatment called PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy). The agent for Reyes, Peter Greenberg, told me that the hope is that the treatment will allow Reyes to heal quicker. Greenberg said there is no definitive time-table for Reyes’ return.”

So, he's taking Sci-Fi meds? ...If it works, I'm cool with it.

MLB ERA

The Mets have put J.J Putz on the disabled list, and replaced him on the roster with Fernando Nieve, who will be available for tonight’s game, according to a team press release.

Like Rosenthal reported this moning on FOXSports.com, Putz will have surgery on Tuesday to remove a bone spur in his elbow.

According to the team, Putz will resume throwing in six weeks.

Nieve, who was claimed ealier in the year off waivers, was 3-0 with 3.73 ERA in four starts for Triple-A Buffalo.

Lastly, the Mets claimed 27-year-old LHP Pat Misch off waivers from the Giants, added him to the 40-man roster, and moved Billy Wagner to the 60-day DL.

MLB ERA

According to SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt, Minaya said J.J. Putz will likely be out for at least three months.

However, Minaya would not put a timetable on when Jose Reyes will return to the team.

MLB ERA

Church was activated today, and to make room on the roster, Emil Brown was DFA'd.

It sounds like Reyes (could/should/will?) return in about a month. Not too terrible.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Saw where you guys picked p Pat Misch off waivers. Good luck with all that

MLB ERA

I asked in one of the Giants threads about him....I take it that I shouldn't expect anything?

Rookie ERA

I'm going to my first game at Citi on the 25th or 26th or somewhere against the Cardinals, what are the chances I get to see Reyes in your opinion. In the games I've been too Jose has hit like .450 with 10 homers and like 2 extra bases a game.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKelly18 View Post
    I'm going to my first game at Citi on the 25th or 26th or somewhere against the Cardinals, what are the chances I get to see Reyes in your opinion. In the games I've been too Jose has hit like .450 with 10 homers and like 2 extra bases a game.
    Well, they say he'll be out about a month. By my calculation, you'll be going the week or so before he gets back. That's of course assuming he has no setbacks. I think he'll be back sooner than later, but not by the 25th or 26th.

PS: Nice to have another active Mets fan. Please stick around!

MLB ERA

The Mets have put Mets RHP John Maine on the 15–day disabled list due to fatigue and weakness in his right shoulder.

Omar Minaya told reporters following the game that Maine had an MRI, which showed no structural damage.

The team has yet to announce who will replace Maine on the roster.

Ridiculous. I know he was complaining of a sore/tired/dead/etc shoulder all week, but I was hopeful he'd be able to avoid the DL. I have no idea who's gonna take his spot....I guess maybe Nelson Figueroa. This team is so screwed if they can't get (and stay) healthy eventually.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I asked in one of the Giants threads about him....I take it that I shouldn't expect anything?
    If he ever comes up you can expect a lot of walks and runs being scored. He is not good in the least bit. Just another warm body in AAA.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast