Thread: Manuel's Fed Up!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mets Manuel's Fed Up!!!

The Mets starting rotation, minus Johan Santana, will have one more chance to impress manager Jerry Manuel.
    Manuel said he'd give his rotation one more go-through before making significant changes. Oliver Perez, John Maine, Livan Hernandez and Mike Pelfrey have all pitched horribly to start the season, which has left the Mets in fourth in the NL East with a 6-9 record. They may look to the minors and recall top prospect Jonathan Niese, veteran Freddy Garcia or even former independent-leaguer Brandon Knight.
    This was a huge question mark coming into the season and apparently they are not ****ing around anymore!! I ****ing love this! Lightin' fires under guys asses is what its all about!! No one is safe and may the best man win. Great ****ing baseball!

MLB ERA

Re: Manuel's Fed Up!!!

Manuel's a good manager. I think Maine and Pelfrey will find themselves and be solid starters, I think Perez will be what we expected (half the time dominant, half the time poor), and I think overall they'll be fine, but I'm glad that Manuel isn't gonna wait it out, and if they don't perform, he'll find someone who will.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Wow, with all those asterisks I thought it was a brewcrew post for a second, sans the insane amount of unecessary smilies.

Hernandez didn't do much for the Twins or Colorado last year, big surprise that it's more of the same this year.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Livan had a very good first start, and an ok second start. This one sucked, but he's not been terrible.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Freddy Garcia? Ouch. He isn't the answer to the problems. Manuel should just let these guys pitch through it, they'll figure it out. Well, not Livan, but Ollie, Maine and Pelfrey will get better.

MLB ERA

Yeah, but we don't wanna dig ourselves a hole. Redding, Niese, they can replace these guys for a start or two until they find themselves.