Thread: Wow...

Back by popular demand whalberg11's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Wow...

The Mets are killing me right now. Their play is dispicable for their payroll. Carlos Beltran, as I have said all along, is not worth 17 million dollars a year, no one is unless they hit .400 for me with 55 HR's and bat 1.000 with runners in scoring postion, or at least above .238. Doug Mientkiwicz was a terrible pick-up, he is hitting around the Mendoza line and flat out can not hit a baseball. The Mets do not need offense, they need hitting and a consistant #5 starter, which should be Aaron Heilman. Willie Randolphs bullshit about playing everyone on his roster is one of the worst managerial statements I've ever heard. Youve got your 120 million dollar payroll and you go to Mike Dejean, he is just not managing well. So far on a grade basis I give Willie a C- because he has made bad choices with the bullpen and is playing slumping players way to much. Other than 2004, Ive seen this every year since 2001, a promising team that just can not deliver. WIN A ****ING GAME!

DeJean is gone.

Mets released RHP Mike DeJean.
    DeJean had a 1.69 ERA in 21 1/3 IP for the Mets last year before going on the DL with a broken leg, so giving him $1.15 million for this season wasn't a bad idea. It just didn't work out. In 2005, DeJean had a 6.31 ERA and a 2.10 WHIP in 25 2/3 IP
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic