Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could LJ have a new friend? Could it be a 500lb CF?

MLB ERA

Re: Could LJ have a new friend? Could it be a 500lb CF?

He said that last year too. But last year, he had mid-offseason surgery on BOTH knees. He's not in good shape. Also, it's been reported by many sources that if they find a taker for Castillo, the Mets would be favorites to sign Orlando Hudson, who would hit in a better position, field better than Castillo, and be a better fit.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    There's gotta be a way to dump him, PLEASE!?
    It's pretty bad when the Dodgers would rather keep Andrew Jones and his contract than swap him for Castillo. Maybe the Giants will swap Zito and his contract for Castillo.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah but the odds on that are very slim. The Mets seem stuck with their mistake and that might not be the worst thing. Castillo will a full offseason to recover and get his knees in shape is a good thing and expect better results. Hudson is just as big of an injury risk as Castillo.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    It's pretty bad when the Dodgers would rather keep Andrew Jones and his contract than swap him for Castillo. Maybe the Giants will swap Zito and his contract for Castillo.
    Reports say the talsk weren;t serious and Castillo wasn't even brought up. Even the ESPN report says the Dodgers don;t want Castillo.

MLB ERA

The difference is that Castillo is always hurt, whether or not there's actually an injury. His doctors said that his knees will never be the same. Even when he's healthy, he's hobbling and grimacing. He's not even a shadow of his former self.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    The difference is that Castillo is always hurt, whether or not there's actually an injury. His doctors said that his knees will never be the same. Even when he's healthy, he's hobbling and grimacing. He's not even a shadow of his former self.
    Seems to me you just have short term memory. You have only seen Castillo for a season so of course he would be hobbling, he had to have knee surgeries. In 2007, he set s record with 143 straight games without an error. I too have had knee surgery and my knees will never be the same either but I can still run, jump and do everything I could before and I don't have near the equipment Castillo will have. Castillo came back after surgery and played only 19 games. Mets are stuck with him and time will tell but he should still be the same .290/.360 hitter. He will lose a step naturally but nothing to make him useless. If his contract wasn't so bad and the injury risk, they could have a chance to move him. They shot themselves in the foot and now have to see him play it out.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Seems to me you just have short term memory. You have only seen Castillo for a season so of course he would be hobbling, he had to have knee surgeries. In 2007, he set s record with 143 straight games without an error. I too have had knee surgery and my knees will never be the same either but I can still run, jump and do everything I could before and I don't have near the equipment Castillo will have. Castillo came back after surgery and played only 19 games. Mets are stuck with him and time will tell but he should still be the same .290/.360 hitter. He will lose a step naturally but nothing to make him useless. If his contract wasn't so bad and the injury risk, they could have a chance to move him. They shot themselves in the foot and now have to see him play it out.
    He doesn't make errors because all of his range is gone. He's a mediocre fielder at this point, and his speed isn't enough to make up for what appeared to be him forgetting how to hit a baseball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hard to hit when you can't use your legs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12