Well tthe mets finally won yesterday, but Kaz Ishii is pitching tonight so we can put one in the loss column. I dont like Willy Randolph's move with Cameron to the lead off, but Jose Reyes is struggling a bit.

New York Mets manager Willie Randolph knows the feeling, and he won't let it cloud his judgment when it comes to outfielder Mike Cameron.
Cameron hasn't played since Sunday because of a variety of ailments, the worst being a swollen knee resulting from a strained right quad muscle, and he's been itching to return to the lineup.

He has some added motivation to get back with the Mets, who are visiting Seattle, his former team.

"If I feel he's not quite right he won't play," Randolph said. "I don't leave it totally up to the player. I look forward to getting guys healthy and not to take a chance with some personal motivation."

Randolph, who spent 13 years with the Yankees, knows how Cameron feels. When Randolph returned to Yankee Stadium for the first time as an opponent (with Oakland in 1990), he was a little extra excited.

"I looked forward to it. It's a different type of motivation," he said. "You want a little payback, no matter what you say."

Randolph hit .349 (22-for-63) in his career against the Yankees, all in 1990-91.

"I killed them," he said.

Cameron spent four years with the Mariners before signing with the Mets after the 2003 season.

"He's frustrated he can't help us out," Randolph said. "His legs are a big part of his game and with the discomfort from the fluid in his knee is a hindrance. We hope with treatment he'll be able to play on Friday."

The Mets will turn to Kaz Ishii in the opener. His last time out, Ishii struck out a season-high nine batters. A victory would lift the Mets over .500.