Maine entertains idea about relieving | mets.com: News
(look near the bottom, under tidbits)

When Jerry Manuel was named interim manager, he did say that one of the biggest differences between the old manager and him was that he was going to make David Wright and Jose Reyes take days off. The two young stars have made clear that they don't like sitting out, and often asked Willie Randolph NOT to sit them, and he obliged. However, Manuel sat Wright on June 24th in one of his first games as manager, and sat Reyes early in the game in that first day due to an apparent injury that wasn't. Since then, neither Reyes nor Wright had sat. However, Wright was told to take a seat earlier today(despite his hot streak), and apparently, Reyes will be given the day off Monday. As much as I hate seeing these guys out of the lineup, it's obviously something that has to happen, and I love that Jerry does his best to give these days off on the road, rather than in front of the Shea faithful. Thanks, Jerry, for making the right move here.

PS: I am in NO WAY insinuating that Willie made the wrong moves by listening to his players, I love Willie, but for whatever reason, Jerry has been successful, and as a fan I have to support that.