Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
$$$$$ led to Beltran not Pedro, this was the same guy who at the last minute called the Yankkes(his agent did) and offered less years and less money to sign w/ them. He signed w/ the Mets b/c the Astros and yankees didn't want to pay him and no one else would come close to what the Mets offered.
Money was a part of it, but the reason the Mets got into the race was because they proved they wanted to win. The way they proved that was opening up the pursestrings and signing Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
The expectations were a little lower for Manuel and a couple of nice winning streaks and the fans hate for Willie have made it seem like manuel is doing a great job. He's done a decent job and the Mets are in a good spot, hopefully for you guys they can keep this play up and finish it off this year by winning the division.

Well, as I said, I don't think Manuel has done anything different, but apparently the players had quit on Willie. It sucks, but it looks like the move is working. I certainly hope we can finish this thing off, because it would be the first step in exorcising the demons of last year.