Thread: Astros-Mets June 07, 2005

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Astros-Mets June 07, 2005

Pedro with a no-hitter through 6 innings. Considering that the Mets have never had a no-hitter in their long pathetic history, this is a must-follow.
    2-0 Mets right now...

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oops, I just jinxed Pedro. Chris Burke with a solo shot of Pedro. Heh. So much for that.

AA ERA
    Pedro has been worth every penny. Forget the fact that he wins every fifth day. He has been a great leader in the clubhouse.

Good for him. I thought he got unfair beating by the Boston media last year even though he brought that upon himself at times.

AA ERA
    Yankees are probably wishing they had him now . Glad he's not a Yank. Mets have a nice team.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Back by popular demand whalberg11's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I went last night and it was great. Although Pedro let up 2 hits it was an awesome game. Never been in a game wheres theres that much buzz after every strike. Bullpens cleared when floyd was hit... John Franco got booed

Rookie ERA
    Pedro's just been all-around awesome with the Mets, I believe. Besides his great pitching, alot of other stuff happens around him. Like last week when the spriklers went on around him in the middle of the first
    I do think he's had a really good effect on the team.
    Last time the Mets came this close to a no-hitter was last year. I was at this game in May were Glavine through a perfect game into the 8th, I believe, but gave up a hit in the end. Even thought he missed, you had to feel the atmosphere at Shea that day. It was just incredible.
    The story goes a little like this..

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    Yankees are probably wishing they had him now . Glad he's not a Yank. Mets have a nice team.
    You know what? I am not sure if he would be a great fit in that clubhouse and odds were that he was not going to be happy there. Pedro has to be who he is and he has that freedom with the Mets. I am not sure if that would happen with the Yankees