Thread: Good to see Church return..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Player Good to see Church return..

..on Sunday no less.

We all know what concussions can do to players (Corey Koskie not even playing at this time), let alone two concussions in one year. So it's good see him back and hopefully everything will be fine.

Perhaps one of the scariest injuries in sports.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Johan Santana pitched into the eighth inning to earn his 100th win, Carlos Beltran and Ryan Church each hit a two-run homer and the suddenly surging New York Mets beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 6-1 Sunday night.

Back in the lineup after his second concussion this year, Church capped a five-run third with his shot to right. He finished with a double and three hits for the Mets (28-27), who took three of four from the Dodgers in manager Joe Torre's return to New York, winning consecutive series for the first time since mid-April.
    ESPN - Dodgers vs. Mets - Recap - June 01, 2008
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Good to see Church return..

Definitely nice to see him back, this team missed him a lot more than their 5 wins in 6 games would lead you to believe. He has been huge all year, and I just hope that his "win at all costs" attitude doesn't lead to any more of these concussions...