Thread: Here is a pretty solid article...

MLB ERA

Re: Here is a pretty solid article...

Very well written...although would you expect any less from Peter Gammons? If the Mets could package Beltran and a few minor leaguers for Rios and any other combo of players, I'd do it in a second. Maybe we can throw in Delgado too...get 11 baseball bats? I think it's more about lighting a fire, and if a trade is the best way, so be it. But I think someone needs to be benched, demoted, etc. And if it's Heilman, Delgado, whoever, I don't care. There were rumors Heilman could be demoted or traded, and I think that mightbe a start. I honestly don't know what this team needs anymore.

Re: Here is a pretty solid article...

That article is pretty spot on. I don't think blaming Randolph is the way to go, this team is a mess up and down right now. Their prayers will not be answered by the return of Pedro Martinez, sad to say and age is catching up to a lot of the other Mets too. No doubt that they have some explosive young talent as well, but it is not going to fill all of the holes that are now being seen. I guess it is no help that the whole lineup is made up of very inconsistent hitters to begin with which can only add pressure to the offense. The most pressing issue though, in my mind is the clubhouse. The team has to be able to coexist together and actually be a team. This doesn't mean they have to be best friends, but at least have respect for one another, and trust. Both seem to be missing from the clubhouse.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.