Thread: Mets Player Projections

MLB ERA

Mets Player Projections

C-Brian Schneider will be the starter for as long as he is healthy. Schneider is not an offensive force, but should have a very positive impact on the pitchers, especially Maine and Perez. If he can provide what he did last year, he wil be only a step below Lo Duca offensively, and will be much better defensively. 2008 Projections: 405 AB, .248 AVG, 4 HR, 53 RBI, 2 SB

1B-Carlos Delgado looks to rebound from a year that for many would be more that satisfactory, but for him was terrible. He probably won't reach his numbers from the late 90's again but I look for a better year than last year. 2008 Projections: 521 AB, .264 AVG, 31 HR, 98 RBI, 3 SB

2B-Luis Castillo had a good year in the #2 hole, and should benefit from off season knee surgery. Castillo will allow Reyes to steal quite often, and hopefully will provide a table setter, and a good contact bat at the top of the lineup. 2008 Projections: 529 AB, .297 AVG, 1 HR, 43 RBI, 23 SB

3B-David Wright is just a budding star. He has been excellent in his first 3 seasons in NY, and will only get better. Wright has shown contact, power, speed, and improved defense. He will prove his value, possibly with an MVP award this year(ok, thats wishful thinking, but he will be impressive). 2008 Projections: 598 AB, .318 AVG, 32 HR, 116 RBI, 30 SB

SS-Jose Reyes is The Flash. He had a sluggish September, and had a few problems with hustle last year, but when he is playing, he brings an energy and excitement that few others do. He will prove that September was a fluke, proving his value to this team again. 2008 Projections: 662 AB, .291 AVG, 13 HR, 53 RBI, 72 SB

LF-Angel Pagan will fill in for Moises Alou. Alou proved last year that age is just a number. With his 30 game hitting streak, Alou (The Ageless Wonder), hit over .300 in limited time and hit 13 HR. Look for slightly more at bats this year as an effect of coming in to camp in even better shape. 2008 Projections: 357 AB, .328 AVG, 16 HR, 58 RBI, 2 SB

CF-Carlos Beltran performed well again, in his attempt to prove that Year 1 in NY was a fluke. Beltran has adjusted to NY and has really taken to the fans. With his comments at the start of the season, he has taken a leadership role, and his baby girl will likely be a calming source of relief for him. I predict good things for Carlos. 2008 Projections: 562 AB, .279 AVG, 36 HR, 119 RBI, 28 SB

RF-Ryan Church came over in the same trade as Schneider and should continue his good hitting against righties. In the cavernous RFK Stadium, he managed to hit very effectively, and coming to Shea should actually help him. I think Church will be a positive acquisition for this team, as his defense is pretty good, and he has a bit more pop than Milledge showed so far. Milledge may end up better than Church, but Church seems a better fit in this clubhouse. 2008 Projections: 481 AB, .273 AVG, 19 HR, 79 RBI, 7 SB

MLB ERA

Re: Mets Player Projections

SP 1-Johan Santana is an ace. He is probably the best pitcher in the majors, and will adjust quickly to NY, especially with the presence of Pedro Martinez and Johan's buddy Luis Castillo. This should be a dominant year. 2008 Projections: 209 IP, 19-9, 3.06 ERA, 214 K

SP 2-Pedro Martinez looks to finally be healthy. He looked very good at the end of last year, and should be a leader in the clubhouse. Pedro feels good and claims to be healthy enough to pitch all year. I don't know about that, but I have a good feeling. 2008 Projections: 161 IP, 14-8, 3.61 ERA, 142 K

SP 3-John Maine was great for the first half of last year, and despite his lat season slump, ended the year on a great note with his near no-hitter. Maine should look to build on his year, and be one of the best 3 starters in the majors. 2008 Projections: 187 IP, 16-9, 3.71 ERA, 172 K

SP 4-Oliver Perez is dominant at best and awful at worst. His inconsistency is his only flaw. I believe that another year of tutelage under Rick Peterson, Pedro Martinez, and now Johan Santana will benefit him, not to mention the incentive of a contract year. 2008 Projections: 179 IP, 16-10, 3.58 ERA, 173 K

SP 5-Mike Pelfrey was very inconsistent, and that carried over into Spring Training. It has been mentioned that his tipping of pitches played into his struggles, but I don't know yet if he can be a consistent starter yet. 2008 Projections: 130 IP, 7-6, 4.67 ERA, 106 K

CL-Billy Wagner has been very good in his first two years in NY, registering 76 saves and despite some shakiness, is always outspoken and a good leader. Wagner is a dominant closer, probably top 3 or 4 in the NL, and should have another good year. 2008 Projections: 65 IP, 37 Saves, 2.57 ERA, 76 K

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You know, I actually don't think these are too biased. I'm proud of you.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Delgado, 3 steals? Can he even walk to the plate without going on the DL?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

he did have 4 last year...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wonders never cease.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.