Thread: Wagner Has Cyst Removed

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wagner Has Cyst Removed

Billy Wagner is set to have a cyst removed from the front of the base of his neck later this week.
    According to MLB.com, neither he nor the club's medical staff was alarmed by the cyst that became evident in the last three months.
    That doesn't sound good and hopefully it doesn't turn out to be anything serious. Does anyone remember if Billy used to or still does use chewless tobacco? I think maybe he did because something sparked in my head when I read this.

MLB ERA

Re: Wagner Has Cyst Removed

I think he did, and he actually still might but I don't know if that could cause this. I don't think it's a major issue, cysts are fairly common, after all, it's just a sac of pus. I doubt it will effect him at all.

MLB ERA

Re: Wagner Has Cyst Removed

Cysts are seldom serious, but the fact that he used tobacco products raises a red flag for me. I hope this turns out to be nothing serious. If he goes down for any length of time, the Mets will have another hole to fill.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon