Mets #300

CONGRATS TO TOM GLAVINE!!!

WINS #300 TONIGHT

N. Y. METS 8

CHICAGO 3

NICE JOB TO A CLASS ACT!!

MLB ERA

Re: #300

I'm torn between Glavine's 300th win and the Braves playoff chances. Congrats though to Glavine, now they need to lose every game now that it's over.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Too bad he couldn't have gotten that 300th win with the Braves...they never should have let him go. I always pictured him as a Brave for life.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Glad to see him finally get it and will probably be the last one to do so. Shows how great he truly is!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: #300

i MUST AGREE THAT HE STILL LOOKS OUT OF PLACE IN A METS UNIFORM. BUT A CLASS ACT, AND TRULY IS A GREAT PITCHER.

What a milestone weekend! 1st we got A-Rod getting 500, then Bonds getting 755, then, Hideki Matsui becoming the 1st Japanese player to hit 100 HRs in the MLB, then Frank Thomas getting 504 and 505, and now Glavine gets 300 wins.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

AMEN!! We may never see a milestone weekend like this again during our generation. Especially someone joining the 300 wins club.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i gave him a standing O at the game. one of the VERY few times i have done that for an opposing player.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

nice gesture ther rockin'. that is showing a true enthusist they know and appreciate a milestone. class move!!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I love seeing old Glavine reach 300. And for a guy who many thought was done a few years ago, a game like today with a pretty vintage Glavine performance was special to see. To top it off, he is only the fifth lefty ever to get to 300, it would of only been made better had Maddux done 300 in a Braves uniform and then to see Tommy Glavine to follow him in a Braves uniform as well.

Even the kids love him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails #300-1705626132_mets_cubs_baseballx-jpg  

MLB ERA

I wished they could of signed Glavine but they couldn't afford him and they did try I know they did. When Glavine left the first time he wanted to come back and back out of the trade, but his agent was not too happy about that.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Glad to see him finally get it and will probably be the last one to do so. Shows how great he truly is!
    he very well might be the last, but don't you think Randy Johnson will keep pitching until he gets it? He's at 284. Yes, he's 43 (soon to be 44), but Clemens is older and still pitching. I don't know how much he wants 300, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep pitching until he gets it.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree, I can't see RJ not trying for it at least. Being one of the greats of our era already, I know if I was in his shoes I would know by getting to 300 I would be secured as a legend. If he doesn't try for it, his body just can't give anymore.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I think age is finally starting to set in on RJ and maybe even Clemens. Only time will tell, I guess.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    he very well might be the last, but don't you think Randy Johnson will keep pitching until he gets it? He's at 284. Yes, he's 43 (soon to be 44), but Clemens is older and still pitching. I don't know how much he wants 300, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep pitching until he gets it.
    the problem is hes an old near 44. his knees are bad, his back is in terrible shape and hes going/gone under the knife a second time on his back. Its not unreasonable to suggest he will fall short based on that combination.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast