Thread: Pedro Throws Off Mound

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pedro Throws Off Mound

Pedro Martinez (shoulder) had no setbacks while throwing 31 pitches in his first mound session Tuesday.
    Pitching coach Rick Peterson told WFAN that Pedro was "ecstatic" about how the session went. Peterson is aiming to get Martinez back in the rotation at the end of July or in early August.
    He's got a long way to go but just imagine what the Mets will look like if he returns to form. Glavine, Maine, Perez, Hernandez and Martinez with that offense behind them will pull them away from the pack.

MLB ERA

Re: Pedro Throws Off Mound

They are hoping they could pull away but the Braves will not let it be that easy like last year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pedro Martinez gave up three runs over four innings for the Rookie GCL Mets in his second rehab start Tuesday.
    Martinez was perfect for three innings before struggling in the fourth, making this something of a step forward. "I like this outing a lot more than the other one," he said. "I am more in command, and I actually felt like I pitched a little bit, making pitches where I wanted to, and overall it was a jump ahead. It was a great improvement." Martinez figures to make his next start.
    Pedro coming back will be a huge boost for the Mets in the back stretch. He will not be the Pedro of even two years ago but just his presence will help the team's mentality.

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

I'm not counting on him.
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

MLB ERA

I'm hoping he won't make much of an impact like they are hoping he will.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."