Thread: Pedro the ace reliever?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Pedro the ace reliever?

Well, "ace". At this point, John Maine and Steve Trachsel are definitely much better options for the rotation.

Glavine - Hernandez - Maine - Trachsel

Pedro Martinez doesn't feel he has to shut it down, but after his awful outing on Wednesday night, he admitted that he's not close to 100 percent.
    "I've worked hard to try and get back, but obviously I'm not 100 percent," Martinez said. "I don't feel healthy." Martinez's strained right calf is making it difficult for him to push off the mound, and he's no longer optimistic that he'll be ready to start a game in the NLDS. "I hope I'll be healthy enough to pitch in relief," he said. "Maybe I'll be able to go two or three innings." Randolph was noncommittal after the game. If Martinez has to pitch in relief, both John Maine and Steve Trachsel will be in the postseason rotation. Sep. 28 - 12:37 am et

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He'll pull a Derek Lowe of 2004.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    If Pedro cannot get people out as a starter, what makes anyone think he can do it as a reliever? He should shut it down, IMO. The Mets have 4 better options to start right now and their bullpen is pretty good as it is. They can save that roster spot for someone that can contribute every game.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

i think he should play. He is actually a pioneer. He showed people a few weeks ago that there actually IS crying in baseball.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pedro Martinez will not pitch in the postseason because of a torn tendon in his left calf, the Mets announced on Thursday.
    It was the right calf that Martinez originally injured. That he also had a major injury to his left calf makes it amazing that he was able to pitch at all. The loss of Martinez for the entire postseason is a crushing blow for a Mets team already limping to the finish line. The offense should bounce back, but Tom Glavine and John Maine are going to have to step up. Maine is now a lock to start Game 3 or 4. Sep. 28 - 9:26 pm et

MLB ERA
    What else could management do? Pedro is just not near 100% and it showed against the Braves. He has pitched pretty well for a couple of innings in his most recent starts, but not well enough to warrant a spot on the post-season roster.
    The best they can hope for is that Pedro heals up this winter and comes into camp ready to pitch in February.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA
    Pedro was a good signing as far as brining back some excitment to the Mets and showing they were goin to be players in FA again and an attractive place for FAs but on the field this deal has been a disaster. they overpayed for him, he blew last season's WC hopes by having back to back terrible starts in Sept against Philly then he does nothing this year and won't even be around for October. Enjoy it Met fans- only 2 more years left of this!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Pedro was not a "bad" signing. He had a good year last year. This year has been riddled with injury. Same could be said for Randy Johnson (my fav. pitcher of all-time). He is not exactly having the best year of his life. Thanks to the offense he has 17 wins. Yea, he's had a few good games but overall it has been a waisted season. Looks like he will miss the first round of the playoffs as well. The most dangerous team in th eplayoffs is going to be the Twins. Strong pitching, very good lineup and great defense. Oh, and Joe Nathan has been a beast the past 3 months.

AAA ERA
    pedro was decent last year but when the Mets needed him most he stunk it up twice against philly and the Mets faded out of the WC race after that.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Mets really had no shot at the wild card to begin with. Not with that team atleast. They were like the marlins are this year. Made a good run, but just didnt have the pieces to get it done. No real firstbaseman. Looper was the closer. Nobody at 2nd. The bullpen in general was inconsistant. Good team but not a playoff team.