Thread: Message to Mets fans.......Stop stuffing ballot boxes

Message to Mets fans.......Stop stuffing ballot boxes

Paul LoDuca leading all catchers with 3/18/.276??? Are people not aware of 8/30/.308 from Michael Barrett of the Chicago Cubs?? If you want to be real here, David Ross with 10/24/.337 is a better choice than LoDuca, and Ross has done all of that in just 87 ABs. Other possible choices for catchers, Johnny Estrada, Josh Willingham and Brian McCann.

Now, for OFs, Carlos Beltran leads all OFs in the NL, while a point could be made here, im just bringing it up. Beltran has been hot this month with 4 HRs and 14 RBIs to raise his total to 19/55 on the year. While Jason Bay (whose numbers are almost identical to Beltran's with the exception of average) and Alfonso Soriano, who average is slightly down from Beltran's, and Carlos Lee, whose numbers are also almost identical to Beltran's can be made as exceptions, New York Mets fans need to stop stuffing ballot boxes for their own players and vote for the best player at that position.

While David Wright and Jose Reyes deserve to lead their positions respectively, i feel that there could be a better choice for OF than Carlos Beltran and Paul LoDuca at catcher.

MLB ERA
    LoDuca shouldn't be in the All-Star game. McCann would be one of my choices, not because he is a Brave but because he is worthy of it.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by msneezie31
    Paul LoDuca leading all catchers with 3/18/.276??? Are people not aware of 8/30/.308 from Michael Barrett of the Chicago Cubs?? If you want to be real here, David Ross with 10/24/.337 is a better choice than LoDuca, and Ross has done all of that in just 87 ABs. Other possible choices for catchers, Johnny Estrada, Josh Willingham and Brian McCann.

Now, for OFs, Carlos Beltran leads all OFs in the NL, while a point could be made here, im just bringing it up. Beltran has been hot this month with 4 HRs and 14 RBIs to raise his total to 19/55 on the year. While Jason Bay (whose numbers are almost identical to Beltran's with the exception of average) and Alfonso Soriano, who average is slightly down from Beltran's, and Carlos Lee, whose numbers are also almost identical to Beltran's can be made as exceptions, New York Mets fans need to stop stuffing ballot boxes for their own players and vote for the best player at that position.

While David Wright and Jose Reyes deserve to lead their positions respectively, i feel that there could be a better choice for OF than Carlos Beltran and Paul LoDuca at catcher.
    There are better options for Catcher position, but Beltran deserves to start in the All-Star game.

And common, every year is the same problem. Players that doesnt deserve to be an All-Star. So, enjoy the Mets All-Star team. This year are the Mets, next year can be anyone.

Colorado Rockies GM in TSSL

Highlights
    • 2006 NL West Champions
    • 2007 NL Wild Card
    • Todd Helton NL MVP ('06 and '07)
    • 2006 NL co-GM of the Year
    Texas Rangers GM in Triple Play

And funny enough, at this point, he'd be the best C choice to start the game considering leagues
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.