NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Mets activated right fielder Xavier Nady from the disabled list Sunday.

Nady had been on the 15-day DL since May 30 after having an appendectomy. He was hitting .267 with nine homers and 22 RBIs in 161 at-bats during his first season with the NL East-leading Mets.

"He's excited about being back. He was chomping at the bit," manager Willie Randolph said. "He's been having a nice year for us, too. He's gotten some big hits."

Nady was not in the starting lineup for Sunday's series finale against the Baltimore Orioles, but he will be back in right field Monday night against the Cincinnati Reds, Randolph said.

"I think he was a little mad at me today because I didn't put him in the lineup, but he had a late night last night and got in real early," the manager said.

Nady went 4-for-11 (.364) with a double and three RBIs in three rehabilitation games with Triple-A Norfolk.

"I haven't seen him in a little while so he did look a little thinner, but he's strong. I don't think he's weak. He's in great shape," Randolph said.

Nady took the roster spot of left fielder Cliff Floyd, who was placed on the disabled list Saturday night because of a sprained left ankle.

Floyd was headed to Florida for some simulated game activity. He was put on the DL retroactive to June 7, and the Mets hope he will be healthy enough to be activated on Thursday.

"Ankles are funny sometimes. They're very sensitive and very tender type of injury. We'll give him an extra four or five days and hopefully that will do the trick for him," Randolph said. "At this point in time it makes no sense at all to bring him back if he's not as close to 100 percent as can be."

The Mets began the day with a 9 1/2 -game lead in the NL East over Philadelphia.

Floyd is hitting .238 in 51 games with six home runs and 19 RBIs.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns