MLB ERA

Molina's Sim League Trade: SEA/STL

St Louis Acquires:
    SS Ronald Desalvo 2.5 star, $1,300,000
    1B Ed Barton, 1.0 Star, $300,000
    MR Javy Diez, 2.5 Star, $300,000
    Total: 1.9 M

Seattle Acquires:
    2B Donald Starrett, 3.5 star, ($10.4 mil)
    3B Jason Marinez 2.5 ($6.0 mil)
    2041 1st Round Pick
    2042 1st Round Pick
    Total: 16.4 M
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Rookie ERA

Re: Trade: SEA/STL

so apparently this league enjoys butt cheeks being spread pretty hard...any justifiable reason this trade was approved? No?

Are we going to play the "veteran GM" card here? Member of the TC card here?

Had I known the chick was such easy access I would have contracted the STDs awhile ago

herk derk

What is confusing about plan B? It's make them pay for their contracts. If you do plan A, it actually helps out Pittsburgh financially and letting him off the hook. You could add CJ's international FA blind bidding if it comes to that. Plan B is not rocket science.
    TC View:
    The Pirates would get around an $18 mil financial boost along with the two best players involved in this trade. Most of what the White Sox get would be backup quality players with the exception of So and Fridley. Traynor is also a solid hitting, gold glove winner at a position where the talent pool in the league is thin. The White Sox giving up cash and the best players involved in the trade while taking on payroll doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Sabu88; 08-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This is me sadly...agreeing...with Sabu.

/sad
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

It's pretty much a shining example of everything I said was wrong with the TC. The agenda driven bullshit is just completely out of hand.

I got a 5.0 prospect with the very last pick in the draft this year. That throws any discussion of bottom of the 1st round picks being "worthless".

The Mariners are getting the two best players in the deal...significant upgrades at the ML level.. and getting two 4.0-5.0 top prospects in return.

...and THIS got passed mainly because a blind eye was turned because a member of the TC was involved in the trade...what POSSIBLY can be redeeming for St. Louis about this trade.

If he wanted to dump salary, dont resign Marinez or Starrett at the end of the season...or at least try to trade them both for a 4.0-5.0 prospect in return.

St. Louis is getting a soft hitting 1.0 first basemen with no speed and shit defense, a decent looking but underdeveloped 29 year old, and a 30 year old 2.5 SP.

According to this model....the players St. Louis got in return are WORTHLESS. If Jaime Mauzy is worthless...so is Ed Barton ...if Adan Gallarado is worthless, so is Javy Diez.

ALL of the players St. Louis is receiving are "quantity". All the players Seattle is receiving are "quality".

"Quantity over quality herp derp"

How that warrants two 4.5-5.0 prospects, a stud in Starrett and a career .270/20hr a season hitter in Marinez...wow.

This trade would have made more sense if Hangman gave up a few 3.5/4.0 prospects in return for the two. The offset of player salaries would have nullified any value St. Louis got for the salary dump.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the slow dismantling and exposure of St. Louis after real competition starting to spin the wheels...but I'm just saving him from himself.
    Pittsburgh would get the shaft financially if we let Sabu do this.

we're saving him from himself.

As much as I favor GMs doing what they want with their team, I believe noting the absolute prejudice and inconsistency displayed by the TC in this trade was a must.

Since it seems the purpose of Plan B was just to stick to Sabu,
    lol. thats fair.

Rookie ERA

double post
    Last edited by Sabu88; 08-17-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Rookie ERA

pirates trade:
    Of hugh willis (3.0) (3,000,000)
    c ronald kuester (2.0 p)
    mr emmanuel brady (2.5) (300,000)
    total: 3,300,000

arizona trades:
    2b jackie robinson (5.0p)

quality for quantity again. Feel free to rework sabu.
    st louis acquires:
    Ss ronald desalvo 2.5 star, $1,300,000
    1b ed barton, 1.0 star, $300,000
    mr javy diez, 2.5 star, $300,000
    total: 1.9 m

seattle acquires:
    2b donald starrett, 3.5 star, ($10.4 mil)
    3b jason marinez 2.5 ($6.0 mil)
    2041 1st round pick
    2042 1st round pick
    total: 16.4 m

How is the value I gave up not good enough for ONE 5.0 prospect???????? Hugh willis is better than all of the players Seattle gave up!

The Mariners are getting one of the best leadoff hitters in the game, a solid 2B/SS AND .... AND .... two 4.0-5.0 prospects.

I can't even get ONE 5.0 prospect for the better players.

hahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah ahahah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah ahahahah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaha hahhaha

I bet THIS trade gets vetoed
    I guaran-fucking tee it.
    Of hugh willis (3.0) (3,000,000)
    c ronald kuester (2.0 p)
    mr emmanuel brady (2.5) (300,000)
    total: 3,300,000

for

seattle acquires:
    2b donald starrett, 3.5 star, ($10.4 mil)
    3b jason marinez 2.5 ($6.0 mil)
    2041 1st round pick
    2042 1st round pick
    total: 16.4 m

Who would you rather have ? Willis( > Diez), Brady( >= Diez), and Kuester(>= Barton) or what Seattle gave up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'd rather have blueberry pie.

Not that I am going to disagree with your disagreement, just try doing it without any personal insults. Not that I saw any of that in your rants, yet, but we know it's happened before. So don't go there.

(don't confuse it as me telling you to shut up about it, cause I'm whining and bitching about it on council but such is life! We'll get over it in a sim or two)
    Ted

Rookie ERA

I'm just waiting for justifications

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, if you do, don't cross any lines. That's all. Carry on children.
    Ted

Rookie ERA

There is no need for a TC. The MLB doesn't have one and Molina is more than able to decide if a trade is legit or not.

GM's should be able to run their teams how they want (look at ChiA, he tried to win. Risked his 1st round pick and now it's biting him in the ass, but that's his choice to make)

It's not fair for a group of 5 GM's to set the value for players/picks/specs and choose which teams can and can't compete.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    There is no need for a TC. The MLB doesn't have one and Molina is more than able to decide if a trade is legit or not.

GM's should be able to run their teams how they want (look at ChiA, he tried to win. Risked his 1st round pick and now it's biting him in the ass, but that's his choice to make)

It's not fair for a group of 5 GM's to set the value for players/picks/specs and choose which teams can and can't compete.
    That all sounds good until you get 5 or 6 gms who become Jim Bowdens and take advantage of every Griffeyfan (or insert new gm here). That makes the league so top heavy that no one even bothers trying to rebuild or join.

Get a grip people its FANTASY baseball. You all are acting like its the end of the f'ing world.

Hangman if you want to put my theory to the test feel free to start your own and run it as you seem fit. I would be more than happy to join it. Until then I stand by General, Mission, Molina, Nick, OM, CrazyEights, and Prov (Im sure I might be forgetting one or two but thats all I remember) all of whom have run leagues on this site and all have had a TC in place in some form or another. Heck I've even been part of those very same TC's.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA

1 TC member who played the "we need to protect GM's from Sabu" agrument.

1. Molina isn't an idiot. He is more than enough oversight on trades.
    2. NOT allowing GM's to trade their specs for MLB talent kills the league because not everyone in content sucking ass for 10 years and collecting draft picks.
    3. You're right! It is FANTASY. Even more reason for less oversight. We're all grown-ups, let them play the game.

Rookie ERA

In fact. If one TC member (or Molina) can answer this question, ill shut up.

Why ISN'T Molina capable of deciding the fairness of a trade by himself?

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    That all sounds good until you get 5 or 6 gms who become Jim Bowdens and go after every Griffeyfan who joins and makes the league so top heavy that no one even bothers trying to rebuild or join.

Get a grip people its FANTASY baseball. You all are acting like its the end of the f'ing world.
    Why would Molina allow bad trades to go through? Seattle's plan puts the power in probably the most unbiased person in the league.

How isn't the league top-heavy now? Aren't the good GMs going to win the majority of the time anyways? The abuse of power by TC members is leading to unfair practices. It's enabling some teams that shouldn't be competing to rebuild or restock as they see fit. That's the entire point. The entire thing you want to avoid. It's happening now.

As Seattle said, they're choosing who can and can't compete. Getting away with trades like Baltimore did last year for example...getting younger, richer, and better. How is that fair? How is that making everything even.

MLB ERA

1 TC member who played the "we need to protect GM's from Sabu" agrument.

1. Molina isn't an idiot. He is more than enough oversight on trades.
    Molina has enough on his plate as commish. Having to not only do everything involved with running the league plus his own life that just asking for him to burn out like it has numerous other commissioners.

2. NOT allowing GM's to trade their specs for MLB talent kills the league because not everyone in content sucking ass for 10 years and collecting draft picks.
    Ive had plenty of trades veto'd over the times playing the leagues. My philosophy was oh well lets try again. And if we couldn't make it work moved on to the next target. Its not that hard.

3. You're right! It is FANTASY. Even more reason for less oversight. We're all grown-ups, let them play the game.
    Opening up trades to 0 oversight isn't a way to make it more enjoyable. It makes it more enjoyable for a select few (note not naming anyone) that attempts to take advantage of others or as I mention above Try to be Jim Bowden and "win" every trade at the expensive of the league.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast